Doug Wacker
United States
Lake Forest Park
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been lots of talk about compatibility between the 2nd (Iello) and 3rd (Asmadi) editions but I have a question about compatibility across Asmadi editions (1st and 3rd). I realize that expansions are typically their own deck, so are in principle compatible, but does anyone know whether the card iconography is the same across the 1st and 3rd editions?

Thanks and sorry if the answer is buried in another forum!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alanna Cervenak
msg tools
designer
Avatar
It's the same icons, but in an updated style. The 3rd edition also features new age lattice connectors between icons
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dwacker wrote:
There's been lots of talk about compatibility between the 2nd (Iello) and 3rd (Asmadi) editions but I have a question about compatibility across Asmadi editions (1st and 3rd). I realize that expansions are typically their own deck, so are in principle compatible, but does anyone know whether the card iconography is the same across the 1st and 3rd editions?

Thanks and sorry if the answer is buried in another forum!

Similar, but not identical. See, e.g., the first edition crowns and factories...



And the third edition:

8 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Wacker
United States
Lake Forest Park
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, what quick replies. You all rock!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Wacker
United States
Lake Forest Park
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I should check, are the Artifacts of History and Cities of Destiny expansions like the others, in that they're not added directly to the original decks/have different backs?

Also, are the 1st and 3rd ed cards the same size?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dwacker wrote:
Guess I should check, are the Artifacts of History and Cities of Destiny expansions like the others, in that they're not added directly to the original decks/have different backs?

Yeah, there are no issues there.

Quote:
Also, are the 1st and 3rd ed cards the same size?

Probably not exactly, but they are not different enough to matter. In any case, not all the 1st edition cards are the same size as each other either! My 1st edition copy of Figures has cards that are a little larger than my 1st edition base and Echoes cards.

Overall, you won't experience too much difficulty mixing and matching 1st and 3rd edition decks. It won't look perfect, but it will function just fine.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic, but I LOVE the new card design.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.