Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

We are very excited to be able to finally share the second wave of add-ons, as well as the 500k stretch goal! This is the first time we are showing optional 3D pieces, as well as the long-awaited 88mm gun. Please let us know what you think - is it the right direction? What else would you like to see? Here are the shots:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The plastic gun should've been an add-on, and the stretch goals should be directed towards gameplay enhancements (app functions, campaign mode, more cards, more missions...

For example, I adore the 400k SG, but I couldn't care less about the unique figures for the crew members.

My personal taste, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
What else would you like to see?

A large full colour vintage map of the theater where the action takes place!

Excellent campaign so far Artur! I am impressed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Exoow wrote:
The plastic gun should've been an add-on, and the stretch goals should be directed towards gameplay enhancements (app functions, campaign mode, more cards, more missions...

For example, I adore the 400k SG, but I couldn't care less about the unique figures for the crew members.

I tend to agree. In fact the ships crew could ALL be cardboard standees and it wouldn't be an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magallian wrote:
Muttah wrote:
What else would you like to see?

A large full colour vintage map of the theater where the action takes place!

Excellent campaign so far Artur! I am impressed!

Yes, an exact reproduction of the Kriegsmarine Atlantic Grid would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Which one of you will be the first at your table to point the gun at someone else and go, "boom!" "boom!" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The gun looks nice, but it also looks like it is going to easily break off tiny pieces. How much does this gun add to versimilitude? Not much, but it does have a nice Wow! factor for someone just looking at the game for the first time. So I see it as an advertisement.

Actual maps and scenario chaining would seem to add to the versimilitude in nice ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lane
Australia
Ellen Grove
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VIIC Blueprint
Kaleun caps!

(also like maps)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankfully, the gun will be made of hard plastic and will be thoroughly tested for 'battle damage' before we decide on the final sculpt. It might so be that we thicken some of the thinnest parts (for durability's sake), so all in all we will try making sure that the gun does withstand a significant amount of wear and tear.

Plus, it's not a mini that you move around often... If at all, for that matter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it!

For me, more 1:72 figures is excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the gun being a SG and the fact the environmental conditions an addon. I don’t quite like how the resin minis look, plus I find them on the expensive side. Is this cause they’re resin? Any reason for them not being plastic and therefore cheaper?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we getting the cardboard mini and the plastic piece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We will try keeping the cardboard minis in the punch-outs if it is possible.

The reason the hazardous condition minis are resin is that it is very hard to gauge how many of them get ordered. And AFAIK, resin mitigates the risk to a large extent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that gun!
(And the miniature crew as opposed to cardboard crew as is mentioned above.)
...but I don't care for those environmental minis. Would swap those for extra game content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I for one love what has been done. I would have liked the 88mm to have been a little lower in the order for safety, but I think we will hit it just fine. As for the cardboard standees, that's exactly why I will never buy games like "Dead of Winter" I hate standees, and I love it that the minis have different sculpts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the app feature bigger military vessels like cruisers, battleships or carriers to attack ?

Roll out the very BIG guns - on the opposite site !

I would like to see them added. I want to sink the Ark Royal or sneak into Scapa Flow !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3D gun will be a big hit for me, the 3D tokens not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Winright
United States
Bellevue
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love it all so far, it's going to be a really amazing experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love them all!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great to hear! What is more, these 3D objects are not final, and their renders will definitely improve before we start casting the pieces.

Can't wait to show you more of what we've got, hopefully you will like the next wave even more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hinerman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exoow wrote:

I agree completely with this. I feel the aesthetic has been hit, and enhancements to the physical components are hitting diminishing returns.

I do also agree that several official maps with more detail would be pretty awesome.

Overall though, I'd much rather have the focus be on more variety in merchant ships and missions than plastic parts. I realize there is the desire to have more "stuff" in games, but this is a unique situation where, in my opinion, the most important "stuff" is in the app and how it interfaces with players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't agree more! The app functionalities are the most important SGs when it comes to gameplay quality, but we also have to cater to the needs of those who like more pimped-out games. Kickstarter culture, one could say

Hopefully we have worked out a SG vs Add-on model that will appeal to most backers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
That's great to hear! What is more, these 3D objects are not final, and their renders will definitely improve before we start casting the pieces.

Can't wait to show you more of what we've got, hopefully you will like the next wave even more

That's good to hear; the "fire" mini doesn't look like flames at all. Hopefully that one will change before production happens..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Artur,

From what I have previously read this game is described as a simulation, which is what attracts me to further investigation. I have watched the initial play throughs of the prototypes but I have not seen several aspects of which I would expext from a sim such as this. I will keep it brief and list only my top concerns...

First, torpedo speed settings. This was vital to setting up a surprise attack on multiple targets. Launching your first volley at a slow speed towards your initial target gives you time to acquire a solution for a second and possibly a third, and launch another volley at a faster speed. This allows your fish to hit their targets at approximately the same time so the enemy convoy does not have time to evade.

Another thing I noticed in these play throughs is that the captains order dive commands without checking depth under keel. The channel and other places around England are not seas that one can just dive recklessly and expect not to hit bottom.

I am impressed with the silent running features and sound monitoring you discussed earlier, that was one concern you already addressed. Hopefully you are looking at things like this and are planning to work more on the simulation aspects of the game. That is what I would like the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$1,000,000 Stretch Goal--Life sized, talking Otto Kretschmer droid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.