Robert Mickam

Texas
msg tools
mb
I've only gone through about half of the scenarios and there are multiple errors. The current errata I can find (v1.1) lists under 1.5 "Scenarios", and I quote, "No Clarifications or Corrections at this time." A thread here on this forum over three months ago prompted this from Sean Druelinger... "A correction PDF is in progress and should be available within the next day." Thus far, I have been unable to locate this PDF.

In the mean time can someone either direct me to said PDF or tell me:

In 'Ambush with a Surprise" who sets up first? Both sides are listed as setting up first.

In "Roosevelt's Butchers" again, who sets up first. Again both sides are listed as setting up first. Are the maps placed incorrectly or do the US reinforcements pop-up out of thin air in the center of the board? How are the maps supposed to be oriented?

In "Hill of Death", the maps seem off here too. If nothing else the river does something unnatural unless there's some type of underground watercourse. How should they be oriented?

I haven't gotten that far but I understand "The Tigers Still Have Teeth" & "Aw, Nuts" have errors in that the wrong US forces are listed. What are the correct forces?

I have to say I really like the game and the system but a lot seems to have fallen through the cracks here - wrong counters, errata that is taking an inordinate time to materialize being the most obvious - especially for a game this pricey in re-print. I'll be doing a lot of research on the LnL QA before pulling the trigger on another in the system.

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniyar Yambulatow
Russia
Kazan
Tatarstan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is my own errata

5. Ambush with a Surprise

Americans
Set up second as follows

6. Roosevelt's Butchers

Americans
Set up second as follows

Playable Area
Hexrow xх1 on Map 2 joins at hexrow x12 on Map 1.

7. The Hill of Death

Playable Area
Hexrow х12 on Map 1 and hexrow х1 on Map 2 is north edge.

12. Just Beyond the Trees

Germans:
- 1x81mm Mortar

14. Erasing the Bulge

American Reinforcements arrive on Turn 3 through hex A6 western map edge of Map 1.

17. Aw, Nuts

Americans
Set up between hex rows K and M, inclusive.

Elements of 507th PIR:
- 1xHQ
- 6xPara
- 1x60mm Mortar
- 2xHMG
- 1x57mm ATG (Attached)

Support:
- 4xImproved Positions

20. The Tigers Still Have Teeth

Americans
Entres west edge of Board 2

Elements of CCA:
- 1xHQ
- 4xM4A1
- 1xM4A3E8
- M5
- 1xM-10 (Attached from 73rd Recce)

Reinforcements:
Entres on turn 4 on the west edge of Board 2

Elements of CCA:
- 1xsHQ
- 1xM26 (Attached)
- 1xM36 (Attached)
- 1xM18 (Attached)

Support:
- 1xP-47 (place in the cup at the start of Turn 5)
- 3 Fate Points
- 1x34 HE fire mission
- All tanks have UPSC (7.5)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

No excuses on the errors and I assure you we are working on making it right.
IE.. Replacement counters / Replacement Book (Stalin's Triumph) / additional errata

We put out 28 games out at once to hit a time window and unfortunately some mistakes were made. Still no excuse. QA processes have been addressed and re-mediated.

We have a new errata booklet coming out and these scenarios are being addressed. It is almost complete. I am expecting that this will happen in the next few days.

Thank you
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean, that being the case, please note my comment here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/153617/white-star-ris...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something happened here where LnL rushed the production for this module in order to get a volume cost reduction on the huge batch of games they had shipping in. In so doing, quality control was sacrificed and it hit this one the hardest.

On hearing of this problem some weeks ago,I cancelled my order of the second edition of this game with my distributor, and instead bought the first edition he had in residual stock. I'm glad I did, because after that people reported more and more problems with the second edition of the game.

I'm disappointed and it's turned me off buying some of the other 2nd edition modules of this system. Since then, I have also heard of some problems with the Russian module but they sounded less serious. Still until they do fix this for WSR and satisfy their customers who spent a long time and a lot of money waiting for their pre-orders -- sorry guys it's shameful.

I hope you guys at LnL have learned your lesson on this, and don't make the same mistakes with the upcoming World at War reboot. I'll give you another chance. I'd love to see you guys out-perform other publishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Wawrosch
United States
Brimfield Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the living rules for the core and the modules? This would at least take care of non-counter issues by getting everyone on the same page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
those are available and useful!

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/nations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Wawrosch
United States
Brimfield Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK those are incomplete errata lists and not a complete set of rules with all the errata incorporated and noted in one PDF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While you're at it, it would be nice to redo the rulebook for formatting issues so it looks better and reads easier. It was almost as if there was a philosophy of "make it fit on 1 page regardless of how it looks", so there are paragraphs that have no spaces in them just to make them fit. It looks very amateurish and as if nobody even looked at it when it was finished. To be honest, I expected much better for a reprint from a professional company.

Here's a paragraph from pg 17 of the v2.0 core rules to show what I mean:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
recruit2112 wrote:
AFAIK those are incomplete errata lists and not a complete set of rules with all the errata incorporated and noted in one PDF.

true

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.