Subject: 2nd Edition vs 3rd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ri
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between the 2nd edition and 3rd edition of the Factions expansion? Both are available online. Just curious if there are any big changes between editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
3rd edition lacks the tuck boxes.

That's the biggest change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sautter
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and it is an unfortunate cheap out. Count me as a very unhappy customer who has tuck boxes for everything except what came in this expansion. It was an unfortunate decision from my perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
ambaratur wrote:
Yes and it is an unfortunate cheap out. Count me as a very unhappy customer who has tuck boxes for everything except what came in this expansion. It was an unfortunate decision from my perspective.

Entirely with you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sadly I'm in agreement, was very surprised to find no tuckbox

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Melo
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can live with/without the tuckbox. But is everything else in 2nd edition aesthetically equivalent to AF 5th edition? Notably the bases for the 5th player are the ones with the transparent globe, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
2nd edition Factions has the transparent colony domes, and is compatible with 4th edition base game. I don't know what changed for the 5th edition base game other than the box art (I have 4th edition), but in terms of colony pieces it should be compatible. I think those and the tuck boxes are the only Factions components that need to match aesthetically, as the faction boards are separate player boards, and the Agenda cards are a new deck to the base game. Did change anything with the iconography or the fuel pieces in 5th edition? That would affect art compatibility if so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.