Anne G
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I would like to play a simplified and fast Star War Panic game with my eight year old as the attacking party.

I have a base idea for a 2 person game, I wonder how I can improve on it.

Edit
I moved this game idea to star trek panic variants.

Star Trek Panic variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Trek Panic ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne G
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Yes, what I want looks more like Star trek panic, but we have only played Castle Panic which is why I am using it as my reference.

From the videos Star Trek panic is a defensive game, same as castle panic
plus some missions, so I don't think it would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Check the game Run, Fight or Die!. It uses one board with 3 zones, Enemies comes toward you and you roll dices to deal with them, and occasionally use some cards.

Now, put a jedi on the bottom, send some stormtroopers his way with some occasional sith warrior and you have a simple game for a 8 year old.

It's basically Castle Panic but with only one alley of approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne G
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thank you for your suggestion.

My kiddo is 8 but his favorite games are for kids age 6+

Run Fight and Die seems to be another defense game. My kiddo prefers to be the scary one rather than the one who is scared. (picture book: I want to be in a scary book by sean taylor)

We play city of zombies, and he asks for it from time to time, but we provide an escape and a win after 6 turns (instead of 12) and reduce the number of attackers coming at him to the lowest of 2D6 instead of the highest of 2D6.

I am hoping a game where he is the scary one will be much more fun for him.

However, your suggestion of run fight and die gave me an idea to shore up the defense. A die of 6 can destroy 1 or 2 ships in the earth zone, a Die of 5 can push back 1 or 2 ships from the earth zone.

I also used an idea from ticket to ride to offer face up draw card, which will help the attacker protect itself a bit better.

I updated the game description to its current version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.