Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
For instance, if two players have recruited Tan-fu units at different points in the game how do you tell which belongs to which player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 26 of the rulebook (under the Ally Tokens sections) recommends using influence markers if this happens.

Although, personally, I'd advise using control cubes, since they probably have less chance of all being used up elsewhere (plus, no chance of them rolling if knocked over).

Whichever works though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanson

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see this really being an issue since the units have to be on one of your sloops or world ship (except for one). But, as mentioned, you can put a control cube or influence token on it if you wanted.

ES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The units don't have to be on your ships. You can leave them behind on planets, for one - which is fine if it's in the capital region of a planet you control, because your control cube will be there... but that already doesn't work in the orbit region.

On top of that, there's at least one event (Vagabond Station) that allows you to recruit on the side of some random planet that might be on the other side of the board. In that case you'll definitely need a marker to show ownership!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
SkunkToe wrote:
I don't see this really being an issue since the units have to be on one of your sloops or world ship (except for one).

Only if you are moving them. You can leave them behind for defense without either of those things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanson

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
SkunkToe wrote:
I don't see this really being an issue since the units have to be on one of your sloops or world ship (except for one).

Only if you are moving them. You can leave them behind for defense without either of those things.

True, but if you are defending something your control cube is present. As Jake mentioned above, the issue would be if you left units in orbit for presence. Apparently we've never done that without one of our original units as we haven't come across this issue yet.

ES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SkunkToe wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
SkunkToe wrote:

True, but if you are defending something your control cube is present. As Jake mentioned above, the issue would be if you left units in orbit for presence. Apparently we've never done that without one of our original units as we haven't come across this issue yet.

ES

You're right. But this control cube could be useful to mark your allied units on a region without control box. On such a region, several opponents can share the location : battle is not mandatory, on the contrary of the same situation on any region with control box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.