Georg Bauer
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Touchdown in Germany, great box of tons of cards and stuff (and cards and tokens are great quality). Nice insert for the cards, works fine for them. But man, the token piles combined with the standees just don't fit in that one bigger well in the insert. Especially with standees mounted there is no chance to get them back in. Will have to study some origami techniques to get everything to fit, I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Storm
msg tools
That's easy .... you get the DRD's to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some bag for the Farscape reference. laugh

And while I don't yet have my copy, I am curious for ideas while I wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Eichenberg
Germany
Bretten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just opened BGG to post exactly the same question.

I would prefer not to use a plano box, as long as it does not fit inside the box. Going without any insert/organizer at all - removing the insert, put everything in baggies and just throw them inside an empty box - is also not an option.

Regarding the standees: I kept six bases an put the rest aside. The standees slide in an out the bases really easily and without damage. No need to keep all. I also removed the mini of the necromancer. The standee is good enough for me.

And I managed to cramp all power cards into 3 slots (not sleeved) and the darkness, quest, and mystery cards into another. That leaves the large well and one regular sized card slot for the blights, the standees, the bases, the dice and all the small tokens. Well, I think I could put the small tokens on top of the hero sheets.

When setting the game up again, the most time consuming part is sorting the blights. Any idea on how to store them inside the insert without them getting mixed up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scameronde wrote:
And I managed to cramp all power cards into 3 slots (not sleeved) and the darkness, quest, and mystery cards into another. That leaves the large well and one regular sized card slot for the blights, the standees, the bases, the dice and all the small tokens.

That's basically what I did. I stacked all the blights in the empty card well (four stacks will exactly reach the top of the insert), but the problem of keeping them sorted remains.

The large well is populated by the standees. They are still attached to their stands, but if you stack them carefully, they all fit in with ease. Should be five layers of standees in the end.

I decided to use the copious amount of ziplock bags to its full extent and basically put every type of token into its own bag. Yeah, using one large bag for just the four holy relics is a bit silly, I know. I might change that approach later on. Anyway, the advantage of having large bags with little content is that you can easily roll them up to form little 'cigars' and put them wherever some free space is left (on top of the tarot-sized cards and hero sheets, and in the large well on top of the standees). The dice are also located in one of the larger card wells.

The Necromancer miniature now resides on a shelf, hidden behind my Glow-in-the-dark Great Old Ones from Cthulhu Wars, as I don't intend to use it. Everything else is inside the box and (fairly) ready to use, with the exception of the blights, which will probably be a mess to keep sorted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Bauer
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I guess I'm gonna try to free up one small-card-well, too, so I get a bit more space available and then it could work out. If only they had made the well for the player boards deeper! Oh well, first world problems, I guess. But man does the stuff look neat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I'm sleeving all cards there is no way I can keep the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Eichenberg
Germany
Bretten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Putting all blights into the free regular sized card well worked fine. I also put the tokens into small bags I had laying around. Now, all fit perfectly.

Henrik, if you find a satisfying solution for sleeved cards, please share!

And now that everything is nice and tight inside the box with the original insert, I will open it and set up the game again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
when i get home, i'm so tired. just roll over, please, i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
Considered trying to make the insert work, but I think it's pretty clear that (especially with sleeved cards) it's going in the dumpster. GMT counter trays are going to be MVP though, I can tell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the DVG ones better but yeah I think they're gonna be great for this. (They were really nice for Dawn of the Zeds.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I made peace long ago with chucking inserts. Don’t even give it a second thought anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Storm
msg tools
I've always used a separate, plastic, multi-compartment container to store blights, items, etc. in a sorted layout--so I can easily set up and tear down. I use 12mm, white and blue dice to track quest progress (so the tokens just get left in the bag). For the 2nd edition , I set up another blights and bits container, left the minis in their box, and used the insert to sort the rest. Works great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, got mine today and already tossed the insert because no way sleeved cards gonna work in there (not a big deal). I had some minor damage on one of the counter sheets so will need to get that replaced (not a big deal). The big deal however, and mildly perplexing, is that with the insert removed the game board does not fit well in the box... it's VERY tight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe keeping part of the insert (the part that holds the cards), and cutting away the rest will supply the extra space needed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
when i get home, i'm so tired. just roll over, please, i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
oduh wrote:
The big deal however, and mildly perplexing, is that with the insert removed the game board does not fit well in the box... it's VERY tight.

I found that I have to put it on top of everything else (normally I put the boards in first), and then it's alright. But yeah, it's tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone that also bought the miniatures set- the plastic tray that holds the miniatures sits up off the bottom of the miniatures box. It looks like there would be plenty of room under the miniatures in that box for something.

I’m just starting to unbox everything right now so I admittedly haven’t seen everything yet (I started unboxing by opening the miniatures first). It was just a thought I had after pulling the plastic miniatures tray out of it’s box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:

This might depend on the sleeve. There is extra space built into the box for the standard size sleeve. Unsleeved I have a completely open space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bubu bubu
Other-Eastern Europe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:

I used Paladin Percival sleeves and nuff' said but the insert doesn't accommodate them even though they are smaller than standard sleeves.

Used penny sleeves and even though they bend at one end it doesn't matter cause all the cards fit in.

Seems kinda pointless to put the insert if they didn't account for sleeving, I mean the game looks nice and all with the linen finish, but this all the more for those of us who consider that since it looks that good it should be sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This insert is a disappointment as they could have made it compatible with sleeved cards. But I can live with that as the rest is good up to great. The dice are ok. I really love the art on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I get to try out my insert-making skills for the first time. No way I can get everything back in, especially since I am probably going to sleeve this puppy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ridley Bojangles
United States
Cape Elizabeth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to make peace with ditching the insert, since I sleeved my cards and it's just too tight. I usually hate complainers, but right now I just have to acknowledge that we asked, nay BEGGED to make the insert sleeve compatible. The response was "No possible way because there's too many cards." Now clearly this was totally bogus. 100% probability that if they put the cards on the side with nubs to divide them (like galaxy trucker or Dominion) this could have been a usable insert and had more room for the rest of the components. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, shame for the deluxe printing to get this very average insert.

Still, if I can sort my own box storage, I might get sleeved card and minis all in the base box.

Just always a shame to get an insert that "sorted tried" (rather than the usual "folded bit of cardboard" attempt) but still falls short (so is now overproduced bin fodder, rather than basic bin fodder)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Makarewicz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you really shuffle all that much + you use only 4 heroes per game so I can do without sleeving tha cards. As for Blights and some other tokens I put them into GMT tray and then put it beneath the insert - no problem here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.