Popular Tags: [View All]
Leander Leitner
Austria
Wels
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi!

Some questions before our first game (we've played Wrath of Ashardalon a couple of times before)

1) The heroes seem to be more one-sided here...no real healer, more damage dealers or am I wrong?

2) Drizzt is an expert fighter. He gets an additional attack. Does this have to be in his normal attack phase or any time?

a) For example, Lone Drow daily power is "move + attack" as an attack.

So he can move (normal move), then attack (additional expert fighter attack), then move+attack (daily power)?

b) Can he move...disable a trap, then attack (additional expert fighter)?

3) I am always confused by at wills, dailies and utilities...

an at-will attack is an attack and counts as an attack...a daily also counts as an attack? what about dailies? Can you use a daily AND a utility card in the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a long while but I'll do my best. I'm sure others can be more accurate with their answers.

LeanderLeitner wrote:
1) The heroes seem to be more one-sided here...no real healer, more damage dealers or am I wrong?
No, that sounds about right. If you know anything about the stories, they are all pretty much fightery types. The dwarves have a few clerics but they aren't main characters.

LeanderLeitner wrote:
2) Drizzt is an expert fighter. He gets an additional attack. Does this have to be in his normal attack phase or any time?
It has to be during the Hero Phase but can be mixed up with the (M)ove and other (A)ction, so you'll have something like MAA, AMA, or AAM where one of those A is his second attack and the other is his regular action (most likely another attack).

LeanderLeitner wrote:
a) For example, Lone Drow daily power is "move + attack" as an attack.
So he can move (normal move), then attack (additional expert fighter attack), then move+attack (daily power)?
Yup. Move, Attack, Action. Daily Powers are Actions that are pretty much always an attack of some kind.

LeanderLeitner wrote:
b) Can he move...disable a trap, then attack (additional expert fighter)?
Yup. Move, Action, Attack.

LeanderLeitner wrote:
3) I am always confused by at-wills, dailies and utilities...
an at-will attack is an attack and counts as an attack...a daily also counts as an attack? what about utilities? Can you use a daily AND a utility card in the same turn?
They aren't so bad. Dailies are pretty much always special attacks. There might be an exception, but not many, if any. Utilities are mostly always NOT attacks (again, exceptions?) and they can be used (not sure if it's just one per turn?) at any time during the Hero Phase, in addition to the regular M/A combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leander Leitner
Austria
Wels
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you!

What about Bree's 2 extra steps? Can she use it any time in her hero phase? move, attack, 2 steps?

Or even move, attack, explore, 2 steps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Todorov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You make Bree's 2 extra steps at the end of her exploration phase (at the end or during, don't remember the exact wording, but it's on her card). So she explores a new tile, and runs to hide. Even if you don't explore, you have the option to move 2 squares after you finish your hero phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leander Leitner
Austria
Wels
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, true, it's on her card. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leander Leitner
Austria
Wels
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another question: all tiles except the long tiles are cave tiles...when mixing cave tiles, do you mix normal cave tiles AND cave tiles with names such as "broken door tile", "crystal shard tile"?

The dark chasm tile has to be in the game for mission 3 but what about other missions? Do you still mix the dark chasm into the pile of cave tiles or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Santos
Spain
Madrid
Estado/Distrito Capital/Dependencias federales
flag msg tools
Yes mix it all jeje other than in specific adventures, the names dont have any purpose, altho you can improve this, by roleplaying, coming up with your own adventures or using the room events available here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leander Leitner
Austria
Wels
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.