Workhouse Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Hello, thank you for stopping by. We'd like to tell you a tale ...

For years, Elspeth Prendergast has taken in the waifs and strays of London for a moderate fee. Her kindness seems to know no bounds and she is always ready, willing and able to take in any Orphan that needs a home. However, little do the 'powers-that-be' know that when the beds are full, Ms. Prendergast retires to her office and utters dark and malevolent magics that summon forth an emaciated being known simply as The Gaunt & Sinister Man, whose sole purpose is to harvest the souls of the Orphans.

You begin your game during a summoning and are taked with selecting a unique Orphan, finding the flintlock pistol and killing Ms. Prendergast before the Awful Orphanage claims you as another victim.

Using corridor and room tiles you will create a new Orphanage filled with loot that you can search to uncover the pistol and free yourself from the macabre prison. You'll also discover items to use on your "friends" such as itching powder, roller skates and whistles.

Don't get too greedy though as searching rooms can uncover Orderlies ready to confiscate your ill-gotten gains and march you back to the bedroom ... or worse, it could herald the arrival of The Gaunt & Sinister Man!

Our BGG profile is here : The Awful Orphanage

Here's a little preview of some of our beautiful rooms ...

... and not to mention the gorgeous miniatures too!

The Doors to the Orphanage open via Kickstarter on March 22nd, we look forwarding to seeing you soon!

Our social media stuffs are ...

https://twitter.com/AwfulOrphanage

https://www.facebook.com/awfulorphanage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Clarke
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Enjoy Your Life!!
badge
Game On!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty cool. I love the miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Workhouse Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Thankyou, then I think you'll love the others too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you considering a full PnP option? I love to build my games myself and do not care for minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Workhouse Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
We are indeed, it's something we're currently putting together! Thanks for the question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks intriguing; any chance of a solo mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Workhouse Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Absolutely, there are a number of cards we will be including in the core game that will allow a solo and co-op mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AwfulOrphanage wrote:
Absolutely, there are a number of cards we will be including in the core game that will allow a solo and co-op mode.

Fantastic! Definitely on my watch list now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.