Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Monson
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know that campaign mode is solo/co-op, I think one of the videos talked about it being competitive but I'm not 100% on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
All over it keeps saying solo campaign mode.

Wandering if you can do warring levelling up settlements and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Monson
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will be a head to head like the cap battle would be, I think it would be more like 2 sides would be going after the same safe, or something similar to that. There would also be AI in the mission too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the solo/co-op ai is card based so I suppose it can be both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
It looks like every unique unit comes with 2 cards. One with the stats and one for the AI.

Example...

Survivors: Boston Companions - You get X6-88, Piper, and Cait along with 6 large cards for AI and Unit. 1 stat card and 1 AI card per character.

Survivors: Minuteman Posse - You get 4 Minutemen and 2 large cards for AI and Unit. Since these figures are the same unit you get 1 stat card and 1 AI card to cover all 4 miniatures.

This seems to be the case for all the units with one exception. The turrets don't list any stat or AI cards coming with the miniatures. Seems like they are nothing more than cover or a marker.

Overall it does seem a bit strange to not give one with every figure. I understand not giving 4 Minutemen AI cards since you only really need one. But it would have been nice to get a stat card for each to keep track of their life totals on the card.

The Turrets not coming with any AI or stat cards could be a mistake in the description. Or maybe it is covered in the other cards that come with them. Seems very odd to make turrets that would do nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
TechnoGolem wrote:

The Turrets not coming with any AI or stat cards could be a mistake in the description. Or maybe it is covered in the other cards that come with them. Seems very odd to make turrets that would do nothing.

My guess is they're turrets. They don't do anything but shoot the nearest target. No need for AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
Geosphere wrote:

My guess is they're turrets. They don't do anything but shoot the nearest target. No need for AI.

I wasn't expecting much of an AI for the turrets but what about the stats? Will they have range, damage, defense, and hit point values?

They are listed as coming with...

6+ small cards from a range of: Weapons, Mods, Events, Explore, Wasteland (Danger, Stranger, Creature)

There is no mention of AI or Unit cards like the other unit packs. Makes me curious if at least one of the small cards will cover the turrets.

Currently they are the only Terrain Expansion that doesn't come in the Starter Scenic Set. It gives me hope that there will be more to them than just something to take cover behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the cards for the turrets come in the settlement card pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sheahan
United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berks
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

You're right that the cards for the turrets are like weapon cards (so are the smaller size cards). Each card show the stats required for the turret to fire (and be shot) and a turret reacts to any presence in its field of view (but with limits). As it has simple responses, it doesn't need a full AI card like the models do.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply to more questions over the last months. Design work has kept me very busy. However, as we now finish laying out the rules and cards which can go through approval, we will be able to share the full rules very soon and explain things more. I'm really looking forwards to that.

Campaign mode is actually comprised of several features players can choose to use or not - using them all is the full experience, of course. You can use the Settlement system between battles and, rather than being able to use anything you have in a battle, the Settlement system restricts your access to equipment, weapons, etc. As a result, you need to build structures in your settlement (by earning caps each battle) to give you access to these Items and grow your abilities. The structures you build determine what and how much you have access too, how much you can equip your force with, whether you can retain equipment from one battle to the next, and so on. Using the Settlement system also allows you to explore the Wasteland between games too which are cards that give you choices and tests, and some outcomes can affect the next battle. (You still use the same total caps value limit for your force when you play a game (and can use any model) so the games are still balanced - you just have less choice of what equipment to use. This means a player using the Settlement system can play someone who is not without issue.)

I'm looking forwards to telling you more about the Settlement system, the Quest system, and the AI system so you can play solo or co-operatively with the game controlling the opposition models. One AI game I played, the AI Super Mutants ran into my camp, found and smashed open the crate they were searching for, then made-off with the explosives I was meant to protect.

Cheers,

James.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sheahan
United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berks
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
I assume the cards for the turrets come in the settlement card pack.

The Turret cards come with the Turret terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
Reads the info.

Yup, looks like I'll be pre=ordering more stuff than I already have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.