Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Oni of Plagues(?) vs Earth Dragon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Rothwell
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
What do you do if you have the Oni of Plagues (I think. I mean the one that stops enemies from leaving if they have higher honor) and the Earth Dragon, which forces enemies to leave during war, in the same province. These two rules seem to directly contradict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Orse
msg tools
mbmbmb
More then likely who ever has the highest honor. Ther figure would take precedent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JermEx Machina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think whoever has most honor decides the order of timing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Often in games can not effects trump can effects, but I don’t know if there is actually that rule in this game. I would still bet on the Oni stopping/preventing the earth dragon effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Braude
msg tools
mbmbmb
The one with the higher honor decides the timing, but here it's not a timing issue, since one effect is a passive.

everyone with lower honor than the oni would get moved, that's not a question.

if the Dragon owner would like to move someone with higher honor than the Oni owner, then first he would have to move the oni with the dragon effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Oni of Plagues reads 'Players with higher Honor than you cannot Move figures into this Province', not 'out of'. I'd think the figures would be Moved to a Province not containing the Oni of Plagues, but what about when the Earth Dragon is in Nagato and the Oni of Plagues is in Kansai.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is counted as moving the units here? The owner of the unit, or the owner of the Earth Dragon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.