Subject: Leader elimination by event. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's the case but just to be sure...

There are a number of event cards that can remove opposing units - I assume that if one of these cards is played and removes the last unit from a Leader (including Alfred) card that the leader is also removed/eliminated - there is no 'loyal retinue' exception rule that I am missing that can protect a leader is there?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's the case but just to be sure...

There are a number of event cards that can remove opposing units - I assume that if one of these cards is played and removes the last unit from a Leader (including Alfred) card that the leader is also removed/eliminated - there is no 'loyal retinue' exception rule that I am missing that can protect a leader is there?

Thanks
If such a rule exists than it managed to hide from me as well

My understanding is that if at any point a leader is not in the same shire as friendly units (including units on his card of course) then the leader is eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 5.2 in the manual under "Leader Battles":

"If a Leader has no Units left on his Invasion Card, he is defeated and his Leader Stand is removed from the game"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rican919 wrote:
Rule 5.2 in the manual under "Leader Battles":

"If a Leader has no Units left on his Invasion Card, he is defeated and his Leader Stand is removed from the game"
I don't have the rules on me to check, but the context of that is for battles IIRC. It is the part where I got my understanding of the rules from too though.
I don't think a universal rule is anywhere else in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seemed like an "FYI" to me, that was probably placed under leader battles because that's how you'll most likely lose the troops in a leader army. The way it's written says something like, damage is removed from the leader invasion card. And then after that it notes if there are no units on the invasion card, the leader is defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.