Empires of the Void II» Forums » General

Subject: Rules Summary (all on one page) now in the files section! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/158799/rules-summary-one-...

At first I made this rules summary just for myself, but it turned out quite ok so I decided to share it here in case it can be of use to someone!

You will need to have read the rulebook to really be able to use this summary to full effect.

Because I wanted it all to be on one page I had to make some concessions in how detailed it would be. For instance I did not go into much detail on the refresh action, or what you can score victory point for. I tried to keep the text as minimal as I could while still being able to understand it, but I can imagine there can be some parts that don't make as much sense to other people.

If you like it and want to use it please let me know if there are any errors, or if you think some parts need te be rewritten. As you can see though the document is quite full so for everything I add I probably need to shorten or remove something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Ivan
United Kingdom
Abingdon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for this - it's brilliant! Have taught the game twice so far, and it will be a lot easier from now on using this one pager.

You have done a fantastic job of summarising the key information.

Just one suggestion - in the Influence and Recruit sections you refer to the 'alien token'. In the rule book this called the 'ally token' and I think it would be better to change this if it's not too much trouble. It could just cause confusion between the ally token and the alien units that you can recruit once you have the ally token.

It's only a tiny glitch though, and this is a really valuable asset that's very much appreciated. I will be recommending it to everyone I know who has the game.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Good spot! I have changed it in my document and will upload it in a few days in case anyone else spots any errors as well.

I must say though that the rulebook is not very consistent in naming these units and the token. the token is called the "ally token" or "alien ally token", the units are called "allied units" or "alien units" or "allied alien units" throughout the rules. It seems "alien units" is used the most though, plus when you have to battle them you are not really allied with them yet.

edit: there is some consistency, "allied (alien) units" is mostly used when they talk about recruiting them, or when they are recruited, or in conjunction with the allied token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.