Sherman Leader» Forums » General

Subject: Sherman Leader Tactical Board Problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Duggan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else experience very bad bowing of their tactical board? How do you go about fixing it without breaking the board? My board bowed inside of 10 minutes of being on the table the first time. I'm not sure I will be able to even store it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a moisture issue. I’d contact DVG for a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem with mine.
Contact Sarah at DVG she’ll send you a new one.
customerservice@dvg.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Duggan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advise. I will contact DVG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric V
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I saw this thread - I had exactly the same problem and my efforts to address it using Very Heavy Books Indeed were unsuccessful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
I have been very pleased with DVG games with one glaring exception. The boards. I have had the same problem with almost all of my Leader and WF games. That's one of the reasons I have spent the extra $ to get the neoprene mats. It helps that I like them a whole lot better anyhow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ewing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My board was perfect upon opening the box. Probably stayed that way for a week or so, but has bowed since then. I have the neoprene mat so I'm not sweating it too much. I'd guess it is the adhesive curing which causes the board to warp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Mine is the same but since it is manufacturing issue replacement will have same flaw.
Instead if replacements I've just straightened it manually as much I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank clauwaert
Belgium
flag msg tools
Same problem occurs in Belgium during the battle of the Bulge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a replacement. It was badly warped upon delivery. Seems like serious production issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcuslind1 wrote:
I got a replacement. It was badly warped upon delivery. Seems like serious production issues.

Yes there was a production issue with the boards for this game and DVG is aware of it.
I’d contact them again if you haven’t already.
Mine was warped badly also and although my replacement board was ok they did give me the option to get a neoprene mat instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MJA1967 wrote:
marcuslind1 wrote:

Yes there was a production issue with the boards for this game and DVG is aware of it.
I’d contact them again if you haven’t already.
Mine was warped badly also and although my replacement board was ok they did give me the option to get a neoprene mat instead.

I got a neoprene mat earlier (great customer service) because they didn't have replacement boards then. My warped replacement board arrived this week.

Since I have to pay a swedish postal fee for replacement pieces from outside the EU, which is no fault of DVG, the cost for the game will increase further if I ask for another replacement. So I guess I'll see how the neoprene turns out for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.