BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Is Space Empires too heavy to trade? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not talking about heavy in play but in encumbrance. I have Space Empires and the expansion in the two original boxes with the components nicely sorted in 3 GMT trays (and a whole additional set of the original 1st Ed. counters bagged). I am not asking for a huge amount for this barely played game. I just want some compensation and to clear shelf space. The problem I am having is the size and weight of the game makes shipping, even at the most reasonable pricing, seem not quite so awesome and people back out... If only there was someone I could hand it off to in the Central Bay Area...

Does anyone have a suggestion for moving this item off my shelf and onto another persons table? Short of just giving it away of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try Craigslist, eBay, or those new apps like Letgo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "My Geek" click on trades, then click "Custom Search". Then click on the game in question (Space Empires: 4X?) and in the states category click on California. Then submit. Maybe you can find someone close enough.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokhuah wrote:
I am not talking about heavy in play but in encumbrance. I have Space Empires and the expansion in the two original boxes with the components nicely sorted in 3 GMT trays (and a whole additional set of the original 1st Ed. counters bagged). I am not asking for a huge amount for this barely played game. I just want some compensation and to clear shelf space. The problem I am having is the size and weight of the game makes shipping, even at the most reasonable pricing, seem not quite so awesome and people back out... If only there was someone I could hand it off to in the Central Bay Area...

Does anyone have a suggestion for moving this item off my shelf and onto another persons table? Short of just giving it away of course.

Are you asking the person with which you are trading to pay the shipping cost? Any trade I have been in, I pay the cost to ship my game to that person, and they pay to ship to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the suggestions. Thank you.

Regarding shipping costs, I cannot sell the set as cheap as I have been offering and then pay for shipping because I will net less than $15. I would never ask them to pay shipping for a trade. I am trying to reduce the number of games I currently have so no trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For heavy packages going a long way that don’t fit in a flat rate box it’s almost always cheapest to go with FedEx Ground.

Even cheaper still if the recipient has a business address which will get you the lower FedEx Ground rate vs FedEx Ground Home Delivery which is a bit more.

If they can’t offer a non-residential address you can still get that rate by arranging for it to be held at their local FedEx location for pick up.

I’ve often saved 30-40% off of the best available USPS rate (including regional and regular flat rate) depending on the weight, size, and destination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also try
SF Bay Area Virtual Flea Market

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Lam
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trays are nice but ask your trade partner if they're a deal breaker. They may not care in which you then put all the chits in a baggie and stuff it in the flat rate box.

As others have said, expectation in a trade is you pay your side of the transaction. If you are selling, buyer pays.

Visit: Wargame Traders [USA]. Haves & Wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.