4 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Variants

Subject: GW Mesmer Class for Gloomhaven - WIP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
The key thing here is that most of its initiatives will be fast and if the mesmer wants its clones to take the damage it has to pick initiatives higher than 30, (or else it will be targeted before its clones). Also you have max 3 clones and max 1 illusion out at a time.

Clones have initiative of 30, health: 1, and Move:2, attack: 0

In no particular order (initiative, moves & ranges have yet to be determined) here are the skills from level X, 1 to 9.

- Illusionary Pain: [Illusion] Place a mesmer token on a target, for the next 4 turns it takes 1 damage. At the end of 4 turns if the target has not died it regains all health (discard).
- Create a clone 2 clones adjacent
- Attack 1, create 1 clone adjacent to you
- Attack 1, Create 1 clone adjacent to monster.
- Attack 1, Create 1 clone adjacent to monster.
- Attack 1, create 1 clone adjacent to you
- Create 1 adjacent clone, Move 2
- Swap position with a clone
- Illusionary Haste : (bottom): Move 4
- Illusionary Haste (top): reduce one ally's initiative by 15.
- Shatter: Destroy all your clones. Each clone deal 1 damage to 1 adjacent enemy.
- Backfire (lost): [Illusion] Place mesmer token a monster, if the monster performs a ranged attack on its turn it takes 5 damage.
- Soothing Images: [Illusion] Place mesmer token on an enemy, it has -1 attack (ongoing until you play another illusion )
- Blackout: Stun all adjacent enemies. Stun yourself.
- Ether Feast: Heal 3 (self)
- Imagined Burden: [Illusion] Place mesmer token on enemy, it has move -2.
- Accumulated pain: Wound, if target already has a wound, Deal 3 damage.
- Arcane Echo: (top and bottom) repeat the action from the other card.
- Arcane Thievery: [illusion] Place a mesmer token on an enemy, all ranged attack on target become melee.
- Share Pain: (lost) on the next 3 attacks, whenever you take damage, only take half the damage, the attacker takes the other half.
- Chaos Storm (Lost): range 3, triangle, choose one per hex, cannot use the same more than once. Attack: 2, Wound, Poison. {Destroy night: add a hex, stun}
- Channelling [Illusion]. Place a token on an ally or monster. Each time the target attacks heal 1.
- Clumsiness [Illusion]. Place a token on monster. When the monster attacks if it gets a +1, +2 or double. Consider it a +0.
- Empathy: Until end of round retaliate 2.
- Feedback : Remove 1 positive condition on target, deal 2 damage.
- Guilt (Lost): [Illusion] Place a mesmer token on a target. On their next attack, they miss. Regain 2 discarded card.
- Inspired Hex: Remove a negative condition on an adjacent ally. Regain 1 discarded card.
- Distortion: Destroy all clones, for the next (# of clones destroyed) attacks take no damage.
- Diversion: Destroy all clones, each clone destroyed stuns 1 adjacent enemy.
- Cry of Frustration: Destroy all clones, each clone muddles 1 adjacent enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your theme and the cards names.

Angry face spoiler
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I'm assuming the illusions work like dooms basically?

I think the spawning of clones with atks etc then destroying them for various effects is a neat idea but maybe under powered. Having a bunch of clones running around taking hits for you is really great. And they will take a lot more hits than you think as first focus looks at who closer by movement, then closer in a straight line and finally considers initiative. Your either going to have a hard time keeping clones alive or not want to kill them for the effect since they're keeping you alive. I guess if your able to destroy the ones who have gotten behind that kinda neat.

I think diversion and cry if frustration are a little unbalanced. The same thing for stun or muddle. One is way! better then the others.

Keep working on it though. Looks good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
Yes illusions work like spoiler lol

As for the clones, unlike summons you don't lose the card when you put them into play / they die, this way you can actually keep re-summoning them, most attacks will be melee range, with the illusions being ranged this will force you to be beside the clones, with the initiative coming into play at this point.

And finally i agree stun is way more powerful than muddle, but i was thinking that's one of the later cards that you'd have to slot in. Most likely a one time use (LOST), or VERY slow (like in the 80's).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Emery
msg tools
Anything more come of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.