Subject: Die rotation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Halberstadt
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Is the religion die rotated in the 1st half of the first year?

Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I can find suggests that it is. I agree this could have been specified/clarified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quickcarl wrote:
Is the religion die rotated in the 1st half of the first year?

Carl

Yes it is.

"In the 1st half of each year, each player rotates the dice lying on the cards in his or her respective sets to decrease the faceup number on each of these dice by one."

So you rotate the dice on all cards in your set. If you look at the examples that follow, various players' sets are shown and they all include the religion die. The text of the examples also confirms that the black die on the religion card is rotated at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert D
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Worth also clarifying from these examples that dice are rotated on the cards left to right. So the religion die is always rotated first (unless you have dice on Loch Leven). This is clearly shown in the examples too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Halberstadt
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thank you for your responses. Just a couple of points.
1) The second sentence of that paragraph states 'this signifies that one year has passed'. In game terms no 'time' has passed as it is the first year/turn.
2) The examples that you cite from the rules are clearly not 1st half of the 1st year of the game as all three examples show character cards in their sets.
I suppose that losing one 'use' of your religion die at the beginning of the game is a small point but there you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.