Subject: Full inventory and immediate consumption. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Just got my game to day and playing a solo run, ran into this conundrum.
If all my characters have full inventory and I pull a rotten apple after winning combat. Can I immediately discard it for the health gain?

RAW indicates I'd have to discard another item to place the apple in my inventory then eat it, losing a piece of equipment.

Flavor/common sense says I should be able to eat it immediately without giving up anything. You're not going to drop your axe to eat an apple and then forget it.

I played it as the second way. Just seemed to make more sense.

BTW loving the game so far. Theme and art are top notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
also want to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siân
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this was dealt with by the designers in the Kickstarter comments thread.

Basically, the items you acquire go into a common pool. You can temporarily put something from your hands into that pool, pick up the food to eat, discard the eaten food, then take your weapon back from the pool, then finally you get rid of surplus stuff from the pool.

Hope that helps

I think they are going to do a FAQ soon too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shockaday wrote:
I think this was dealt with by the designers in the Kickstarter comments thread.

Basically, the items you acquire go into a common pool. You can temporarily put something from your hands into that pool, pick up the food to eat, discard the eaten food, then take your weapon back from the pool, then finally you get rid of surplus stuff from the pool.

Hope that helps

I think they are going to do a FAQ soon too

This is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gotteri
United Kingdom
CHESTERFIELD
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense that you would put your items down in a quiet moment to eat, then pick the sword back up.
That's how I played it (solo, two Characters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also think it’s worded this way in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Pike
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
There are definitely words to that effect in the rulebook. But it's always good to get this kind of early feedback on what isn't clicking or sinking in. It may mean the rulebook working needs tweaking to bring that point home more strongly.

Thanks for all the good feedback and discussions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.