Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Berends
Australia
Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do they replace the monsters from other sets or are they just added to the pool? Can't see in the rules where it talks about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goblin.77 wrote:
Do they replace the monsters from other sets or are they just added to the pool? Can't see in the rules where it talks about them.

It was answered somewhere that you just add 2 of the ks monsters at random into each season. Don't forget you can custom build the season deck to your liking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s in the rules pamphlet that comes with the monster pack. Add 1-2 randomly to each season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JermEx Machina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

It was answered somewhere that you just add 2 of the ks monsters at random into each season. Don't forget you can custom build the season deck to your liking.

Playing only Monsters in the Season decks is going to be hilariously awesome.

Every train action is going to be a pile of huge beasties landing on the board.

Do we have enough figures? 22ish Monsters? Lets say we play 6-player, thats 12 per season. Drat, not near enough.
+ 14 with the Kami Unbound and the Dynasty invasion.... 36?!

Oooooo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Berends
Australia
Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, should of thought to look there.
I left the Dynasty Invasion and the other two boxes sealed as I thought I had enough content to keep me busy for awhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goblin.77 wrote:
Thanks, should of thought to look there.
I left the Dynasty Invasion and the other two boxes sealed as I thought I had enough content to keep me busy for awhile.

Hah that never occurred to me. I opened everything immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn’t that going to make the points per monster card a little strong? Do the rules mention not using that set with the monster expansion?

poshniallo wrote:
It’s in the rules pamphlet that comes with the monster pack. Add 1-2 randomly to each season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jools wrote:
Isn’t that going to make the points per monster card a little strong? Do the rules mention not using that set with the monster expansion?

poshniallo wrote:

Well, stronger I guess since more monsters will be available, but it hardly seems over powered given that there’s only limited opportunities to acquire monsters (and they are the same opportunity as acquiring that card)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
poshniallo wrote:

The way I read this is that it means you're adding 1-2 season cards from the Extra Monsters box. There's 4 monsters and only 3 seasons, hence 1-2 per season. That being said, I still think the best strategy is to just shuffle all of the extra monsters (separated by season) and add 2 to each season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Muller
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Terminizor wrote:
poshniallo wrote:

The way I read this is that it means you're adding 1-2 season cards from the Extra Monsters box. There's 4 monsters and only 3 seasons, hence 1-2 per season. That being said, I still think the best strategy is to just shuffle all of the extra monsters (separated by season) and add 2 to each season.

I think the correct answer is to add all the monsters.

You will need more options potentially with 6 players and the Lotus Clan you could have 4 Train Mandates in a season with 24 Cards chosen. You only start with 12 base so adding all the monsters isnt horrible.

Also consider if you add the Moon or Sun Clan you straight up add 2 to 3 monsters each season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IceHot wrote:
Terminizor wrote:
poshniallo wrote:

I think the correct answer is to add all the monsters.

You will need more options potentially with 6 players and the Lotus Clan you could have 4 Train Mandates in a season with 24 Cards chosen. You only start with 12 base so adding all the monsters isnt horrible.

Also consider if you add the Moon or Sun Clan you straight up add 2 to 3 monsters each season.

The rules for the monster expansion tell you how to add additional monsters to the game - 1 or 2 added per season. You could of course add them all, but this will dramatically increase their availability compared to the relative scarcity the game gives them which might impact balance.

The Lucky Gods do add 3 monsters to spring and 2 to the other seasons, but they can only be used by Sun or Moon clans and these clans cannot use the other monsters at all, so their numbers don’t really matter too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Muller
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
FearLord wrote:

The rules for the monster expansion tell you how to add additional monsters to the game - 1 or 2 added per season.

The rules in the monster pack tell you to add ALL 4 Monsters. It does not say to do so randomly.

It is impossible to add 2 monsters to all 3 season with just the monster pack. Thus the rules do not make any sense in the context your are extrapolating them to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IceHot wrote:
FearLord wrote:

The rules for the monster expansion tell you how to add additional monsters to the game - 1 or 2 added per season.

The rules in the monster pack tell you to add ALL 4 Monsters. It does not say to do so randomly.

It is impossible to add 2 monsters to all 3 season with just the monster pack. Thus the rules do not make any sense in the context your are extrapolating them to.

No it doesn’t say to add all 4. It says “To add additional monsters to the game...” and goes on to say you put out the normal season cards then add 1-2 per season. It’s specfically written on the basis that you might have additional exclusive monsters.

EDIT - also note that the Kickstarter monsters share the same “additional monster” back for the Season cards - they are identical. So therefore the same rules apply to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Fernandez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thanks for the clarification. So basically you still use your seven regular season cards, lets take summer for this example, and lets say we are using the arch additional season cards for summer. These 2 sets (from the Base Core Game Set) already contain 3 monsters: one from Summer base 7 cards and 2 from summer arch sets.

Then, if you have the Extra Monsters Expansion which have the dragon backs, you get one from that set that belongs to summer.

But adding the Kickstarter stretch goals monsters for Summer you get an Extra 4, which BTW, also come with the dragon design backs, therefore also considered EXTRA MONSTERS.

So, following the EXTRA MONSTERS rules, you may add 1 or 2 per season. Lets say we decide to add 2. So from the now pool of 5 Extra Monsters for Summer (one from the actual Extra Monsters expansion box and 4 from the KS Exclusive Extra Monster cards) you pull 2 at random

So now you summer deck has a total of 14 cards instead of 12, with a TOTAL of 5 monsters: one from the base core seven card summer set, two from the summer arch 5 card set, and 2 extra monsters from the summer Extra Monsters pool.

Is this correct? Did I understand this correctly?

Thanks in advance

Arex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arex wrote:
thanks for the clarification. So basically you still use your seven regular season cards, lets take summer for this example, and lets say we are using the arch additional season cards for summer. These 2 sets (from the Base Core Game Set) already contain 3 monsters: one from Summer base 7 cards and 2 from summer arch sets.

Then, if you have the Extra Monsters Expansion which have the dragon backs, you get one from that set that belongs to summer.

But adding the Kickstarter stretch goals monsters for Summer you get an Extra 4, which BTW, also come with the dragon design backs, therefore also considered EXTRA MONSTERS.

So, following the EXTRA MONSTERS rules, you may add 1 or 2 per season. Lets say we decide to add 2. So from the now pool of 5 Extra Monsters for Summer (one from the actual Extra Monsters expansion box and 4 from the KS Exclusive Extra Monster cards) you pull 2 at random

So now you summer deck has a total of 14 cards instead of 12, with a TOTAL of 5 monsters: one from the base core seven card summer set, two from the summer arch 5 card set, and 2 extra monsters from the summer Extra Monsters pool.

Is this correct? Did I understand this correctly?

Thanks in advance

Arex

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sasquach sasquach
msg tools
IceHot wrote:
FearLord wrote:

I totally agree with Brian on this. These are the rules for Monster Pack solely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.