Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was commenting on one of the reviews of this game and made the following point, and I thought I’d post it here for advice on whether I’m playing it wrong or missing an obvious strategy....

I’m struggling to advance with historical German speed. Since every city is a supply point, and the Russians can create four incredibly powerful forts in cities like Minsk and Kiev even before the Germans invade, they are way too tough to crack. And on top of that, reinforcements can be placed directly into surrounded cities. So... the Russians can turn Kiev and Minsk into Stalingrads. If the Germans can’t kill four steps at once (they can’t) as long as Russia feeds in steps every turn they can hold out.

What am I doing wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Deman
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hum... I had the preconception that you could have only one single fort in a given hex... but now i'm reading your post and find nowhere in the rules something that would prevent building more than one of them in a single location.
So i would also be very interested in reading some answer or feedback on this topic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I don’t think you can create more than one fort in a city. I just mean with a fort in each of four key cities and the ability to reinforce them every turn even if surrounded they are overly-effective speed bumps.

If the Russians couldn’t build them until Germany invades that means that make a big difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Deman
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Answer given by D. Holte: 1No fort / hex (http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd2cf89/2028)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but that wasn’t my point. Even with one fort per hex it seems too difficult to advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.