Subject: FoamCore+ Organizational System rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/1Nb3h

I used a bunch of different aspects of various organizers I've seen other users make as well as some of the commercial options.

It doesn't all fit in the box, but it's a hell of a lot easier to get to the table in a reasonable amount of time.

Let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Gonna have to bust out the foam core myself for this. Right now, it's taking up most of my living room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really well made and I like the layout. Do you have a plan for it you could share?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I don't ever really make plans, I just build from the bottom up and fit stuff where it'll go.

But I'll be happy to take measurements of the various trays and boxes and post 'em up. Probably not tonight though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this game was my first foamcore project. going to do the same as you with my map tiles cause i like that system, so happy with having it all organized!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Carson
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the idea of using the folder for tile storage.

I just finished up my foamcore organizer tonight too. After the first game setup, I was determined to make an insert. With about $6 of foamcore from walmart I am pretty happy with my first box insert.

https://imgur.com/a/LwOra

Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Rose
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great AD.
I've also gone with the folder for the map tiles, but went with Plano for the tokens. I have the game set up in a spare bedroom, and haven't had to put it all back in the box since I opened it in November, so, we'll see if I have to foamcore anything. I may use the player boxes idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
interlockgames wrote:

I just finished up my foamcore organizer tonight too. After the first game setup, I was determined to make an insert. With about $6 of foamcore from walmart I am pretty happy with my first box insert.

Thanks for sharing.

I like the way you did the enemy and overlay tokens - I want a solution that has them laying out like that - clearly visible.

Unfortunately, I also like the OP's method of building player trays, but seeing your solution, I am now afraid that I can't have my cake and eat it too - spreading the tokens out flat on a tray takes up too much space, and won't leave enough space for player trays. I'm wondering if I can use some sort of small case - almost like a plain, metal lunch box - to use as player trays and just let them sit outside of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
OregonPinkRose wrote:
Looks great AD.
I've also gone with the folder for the map tiles, but went with Plano for the tokens. I have the game set up in a spare bedroom, and haven't had to put it all back in the box since I opened it in November, so, we'll see if I have to foamcore anything. I may use the player boxes idea.

I wish I had the space in my apartment to just keep this game set up; that'd be awesome, but where I live now there's just no way so I had to do something to keep it organized and somewhat contained.

The player-trays and tuckboxes were, I thought, the best parts of the Broken Token insert so I tried to incorporate them into my design too. The player trays do work out really nicely - just pull 'em and hand 'em out to each player and we're pretty much good to go. The other players can look over their cards and set up their play areas while I set up the map tiles and such. They work out nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ViperMan wrote:
interlockgames wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

I like the way you did the enemy and overlay tokens - I want a solution that has them laying out like that - clearly visible.

Unfortunately, I also like the OP's method of building player trays, but seeing your solution, I am now afraid that I can't have my cake and eat it too - spreading the tokens out flat on a tray takes up too much space, and won't leave enough space for player trays. I'm wondering if I can use some sort of small case - almost like a plain, metal lunch box - to use as player trays and just let them sit outside of the box.

I actually thought about building the trays a little bigger, and making a "lid" that could slide into the top of each one specifically so I could keep them outside of the box to make more room for other things, but as I was building I decided to go this route instead.

The enemy tuckboxes are nice, and fit sleeved enemy ability cards perfectly fine, but having everything clearly visible would definitely make it a bit faster to pull out the specific enemies you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm just not a fan of the enemy tuck boxes - seems like a component that will wear out quickly, and also take longer to put away - trying to get all the cards into the box and then feeding the tokens in so that they don't stack too thick and bulge the tuck box... PITA...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.