Wendell Beitzel
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are there any apps out there for Android or iOS that lets the user put in custom images for boards and pieces and then just manually manipulate them? I'm mostly thinking of free PnP games like A4 Quest, Utopia Engine, Deep Space D6, things like that. Basically something like Tabletop Simulator or Tabletopia, but more aimed at 2D instead of 3D. Would love to be able to play games like that on the go even if I don't have my PnP binder or card box along, or in places where I can't have pieces or dice set up like in a car.

It seems like something that would be pretty easy to program in my limited knowledge. I could be really wrong though! :-P

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could this do it?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cardwarden/id596230297?uo=4&...

Also see here for ideas -

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1014722/ios-how-do-you-use-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell Beitzel
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ToomanyBarts wrote:

Thanks for the links! Now that I think about it literally what I want is a version of Vassal for iPad I think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vassal is great, but just something simple you could load some Pdfs and/or jimages into and quickly slice into parts to move around would be neat when trying out pnp games.

For my own prototypes on a desktop I just drag the parts around in inkscape, but that obviously does not work so well witha pdf or on a tablet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.