Otis Comorau
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
So, I messed up. I was apparently living under a rock when Joan of Arc kickstarted, and I missed it. I will late pledge if necessary, but I’d miss out on the super exclusives. I’ve learned that I CAN get the super exclusives if a prexisting backer adds a second copy of the game for me during their pledge manager.

I live in New York City, so I’m looking for a NYC backer if possible. I’ll pay right now, and when the game arrives, I can pick it up in person so it won’t be a hassle for you. Alternatively, I am willing to trade. (I often pledge for a second copy of Kickstarter games, just for trade purposes.) I will gladly trade any of the following Kickstarter games for Joan of Arc: (1) Mythic Battles Pantheon, (2) Deep Madness, (3) Massive Darkness.

Sorry for the hassle! If you’re willing to help, please let me know. I’ll be eternally grateful!

Best,

Otis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ocomorau wrote:
So, I messed up. I was apparently living under a rock when Joan of Arc kickstarted, and I missed it. I will late pledge if necessary, but I’d miss out on the super exclusives. I’ve learned that I CAN get the super exclusives if a prexisting backer adds a second copy of the game for me during their pledge manager.

I live in New York City, so I’m looking for a NYC backer if possible. I’ll pay right now, and when the game arrives, I can pick it up in person so it won’t be a hassle for you. Alternatively, I am willing to trade. (I often pledge for a second copy of Kickstarter games, just for trade purposes.) I will gladly trade any of the following Kickstarter games for Joan of Arc: (1) Mythic Battles Pantheon, (2) Deep Madness, (3) Massive Darkness.

Sorry for the hassle! If you’re willing to help, please let me know. I’ll be eternally grateful!

Best,

Otis

Yeah, seems like a needlessly complicated way of getting around this (though currently the only way to do so). They should offer it, or not. Allowing more of these to be added onto existing pledges just creates a secondary marketplace for these items. And other than a total pain to do, doesn't prevent anyone from doing exactly what you're doing, so it's not necessarily limiting the number of "super exclusives" they'd have to make anyway, just making it more difficult to get them. I don't get it. I guess they really need people to fork up that $$$ up front or pay for the hassle on the back-end? I say just make a great game and don't pressure people into making a quick decision. But then I also understand the idea behind most KS these days is to do just that. Pressure people up front with ideas that aren't even fully fleshed out yet and load them up with minis and exclusives to pile on the FOMO. Like... No one believes CMON needs KS to get a game published now right? Anyway, sorry! I'll be moving on now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otis Comorau
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
Yup, it's a bummer. Never hear of "super exclusives" before, and I've backed a bunch of kickstarters. But at the end of the day, it's obviously my own fault for missing this one. Oh well.

Still looking for some kindhearted New Yorker who wants to help!

Best,

Otis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otis Comorau
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
One more item I could trade: I also have a spare KDM + Gambler’s chest, from the KDM 1.5 Kickstarter. Obviously this will be more complex to trade since it was $350, but just throwing it out there. (Also, the Gambler’s chest hasn’t arrived yet, since that’s not supposed to be done for a while. Once it arrives, I’d forward it. The base KDM game is in hand.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.