Subject: Storing cards on an objective rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Wise
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
In the rules it is listed that you can store cards on an objective such as collecting fuel and leaving it at the van or shelter as a free action. My question is, are you able to pick up the fuel, food, and other items stored on this objective card at a later time for use? In scenario 4 you need to collect 5 total value of food. I was on the brink of starvation and wasn't sure if the food I had previously banked had to stay at the shelter or if I could retrieve it for immediate use. If you are allowed to retrieve it, is it a free action just like dropping it off was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BWise wrote:
In the rules it is listed that you can store cards on an objective such as collecting fuel and leaving it at the van or shelter as a free action. My question is, are you able to pick up the fuel, food, and other items stored on this objective card at a later time for use? In scenario 4 you need to collect 5 total value of food. I was on the brink of starvation and wasn't sure if the food I had previously banked had to stay at the shelter or if I could retrieve it for immediate use. If you are allowed to retrieve it, is it a free action just like dropping it off was?

With this particular game, whenever something like this comes up, I resolve it in the most thematic way possible. So I would say that you could pick it back up to consume it.

I don’t know if this would be a free action or not though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
There is nothing in the rules that says you can't do it, so I'd guess go ahead.

With fuel at the van thematically I picture the player actually emptying the canister into the van's fueltank. So that is the situation where a no could make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
melkathi wrote:
There is nothing in the rules that says you can't do it, so I'd guess go ahead.

With fuel at the van thematically I picture the player actually emptying the canister into the van's fueltank. So that is the situation where a no could make sense.

Actually, I would turn it around...

Nothing in the rules says you can do it, so you can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Gilstrap
United States
California
flag msg tools
I think this is logical. If you can put something down as a free action, you should be able to pick it up again for a free action. Fuel in the van is arguably a different story, though you could say that siphoning fuel from the van is a thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Harzer
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
"That German Bloke"
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:

With this particular game, whenever something like this comes up, I resolve it in the most thematic way possible. So I would say that you could pick it back up to consume it.

I don’t know if this would be a free action or not though.

Since consuming the food is an action anyway, I think you should be able to pick it up for free again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.