Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
When you click on a geeklist subscription, it takes you to the latest subscriptions post, whatever page of the list it is on. It will mark all of the posts on that page as read. All of that is AOK - except..

It puts you in the position of that post.

I don't think it used to do that months/years/whatever ago. It used to take you to the PAGE of the latest post, but the TOPMOST post of unread items/comments on that geeklist page. In that way, I would start at the post it took me to, and scroll down to all the unread posts.

Now, I must scroll all the way up and all the way down from the position it took me to, because there might be older posts above and below the position it put me at.

Years ago, I wondered how that worked, so I had tested it over and over again to make sure I didn't miss posts.

Then, I started missing entries in geeklists that I knew I was subscribed to - so that was weird.

Poking around... this was my conclusion... I guess I could be wrong tho...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Under every pile of leaves a
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
It has never taken you to the topmost unread item on a page, but to the oldest unread item regardless of page position (so there could be more recent edits above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
12th BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use Chrome, the BGG++ extension will hop you to any new things on that page of the geeklist so you don't have to scroll and wonder how many there are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.