Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
This review is part of my series of reviews of how games have worked with my children, now aged 8, 10 and 12. For the full list see: My children's game reviews - children aged between 2 and 12.

Fun Components:

The pictures of the animals on the cards are very attractive, as is the range of animals, and the children love their particular favourites coming out of the deck. It's only a deck of cards, but it's an attractive deck of cards!

Simplicity of rules:

The rules are very simple, so much so that my 8 year old son was easily able to introduce it to one of his friends when she came over, and she joined in very quickly. Try to place a card in the line so that you make a solid line of increasing size/weight/age - if you get it wrong, draw another card.

Randomness:

Naturally an adult has slightly better knowledge of animals than a child, as well as a better idea of what sizes and weights "look like", but with the variability in sizes of certain animals (salamanders spring to mind), as well as children having a very good memory and rapidly learning some of the cards, the advantage isn't that great - especially when you use the average age category!

Did the children enjoy it?

My younger son, 8, received this for Christmas and then played it most days after that, usually a series of three games so we played all categories. My older son also enjoyed it. Sadly my daughter, 12, hated it from the start and refuses to play - she doesn't like getting things wrong, with my sons thing is strange as "But getting things wrong is how you learn, mummy!"!!! Anyway, it's a game I can quickly play with the boys, and she has no objection to watching and heckling!

And how is it from the adult's point of view?

Chronology and Fauna are two of my favourite games, as is the Timeline series, so it's not really a surprise that I like this children's/animal version of the game. I'm always happy when they suggest this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.