7 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: Minions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl King
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We have released minions and wanted clarification on something please, namely when minions are placed on say a building that you would gain a resource with a worker, do you get that same resource from placing the minion?

We know you also get a token back each time one is played but unsure about the above even though it seems to indicate this on the official site.

Also on income buildings it mentions putting the influence token here instead of I assume in the general supply. We haven't been playing it like this but should we? Also if this means that when a minion is played you can't take back a token from the supply as there aren't any, can you take back one from any of the buildings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minions are workers as well, but with some additional features/restrictions. As such, when placed on a building you still get to activate and resolve that building.

Minions can only be placed in your own charter, on an unoccupied building, and do not get bumped. When you place a minion, or someone places a worker on a building on which you have a minion, you get the minions benefit.

Each type of minion gets a different benefit - when you unlocked the minion you would have also unlocked a summary card for it (which is placed in the general supply, with the minion tokens on top of it) as well as the minion rule (rule 16), and of course a building card that can be used by all players to gain that minion.

Quote:
We know you also get a token back each time one is played but unsure about the above even though it seems to indicate this on the official site.

This isn't entirely correct. The Chef minion gives you an influence token back when you place it (if one is available in the general supply) - all the others have other abilities as per their reference card.

Quote:
Also on income buildings it mentions putting the influence token here instead of I assume in the general supply. We haven't been playing it like this but should we? Also if this means that when a minion is played you can't take back a token from the supply as there aren't any, can you take back one from any of the buildings

When you place a worker on an income building, part of its cost is an influence - this influence is placed on the circle on the right hand side of it (each player can do this once per income building), and when income is triggered each player who has an influence token on that building gets its benefit. It should be played this way, as otherwise you aren't marking the income building, or you are paying 2 influence to use it instead of one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minions are regular workers plus benefit.

So, when you place a minion on one of *your* building (they can't be placed in other charters), you gain the minion's bonus, then you do the regular action of the building (paying its cost...).

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Getting an influence token back is the bonus of one kind of minions, there are other bonuses...

If you do not put your influence token on the income buildings, how do you track what you're supposed to earn during the income phase?

When you play a worker on an income building, you "just" put your influence token on it. Then, during *each* income phase in the game (4 times during a game for a 4 players game) (income phase is triggered when the progress token lands on a spot with the double turning arrows), you gain the benefit of each building on which you have an influence token.

And no, I do not think you can get a token back from a building, but I might be wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And no, I do not think you can get a token back from a building, but I might be wrong...

Influence tokens on income buildings stay there for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony K
msg tools
cycyx wrote:
That's what I thought...

Right, and he was confirming it since your thought came with some doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl King
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info folks, much appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.