Tiny Epic Kingdoms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do I gain resources using lizardfolk level 3 to start a war? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all!

Let's say I'm lizardfolk researched upto level 3 and I try to move into a forest controlled by another player. My question is, if I lose the resulting war, whether I get 1 mana for doing so.

There are (at least) 2 ways of looking at this:

a) You move into the forest. This is a separate action, and immediately results in you getting 1 mana. THen you war. You can use this mana to fund your war, whether you win or lose. Then you lose the war, and lose or retreat your meeple.

b) You attempt to move into the forest. This results in a war. You lose the war and have therefore failed to move into the forest, and get no mana for your unsuccessful attempt.

Does anyone have a verifiable source on the right answer here?

Thanks very much guys!

mm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I can't give a verifiable source, but I feel very strongly that it's the former. Regarding both Patrol and Quest actions, the rules say "Move one of your armies..." Then, under "Movement Rules," it states: "You cannot kove an army into a region that already has two armies in it. At no point may more than two armies, of any colors, be in the same region." We know, of course, that such a sequence of events will cause a war; however, the fact that here it just says "movement" and does not mention war in any way implies that all this happens first.

Later, in the "Engaging in War" section, the manual says: "If you move an army into a region with another player's army, you must attack and start a war." Again, the movement is completed -- then, separately, another sequence of events (war) begins. At the end of this section, under "Resolve," it says: "The winner's army will remain in the warring region." Once again, "remaining" meana staying still -- the movement has already concluded.

Anyhow, that's how I would play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.