Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DJ
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just grabbed a copy on eBay. Should I be using the v1.1 rules or the v2.0b rules from the MMP site?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lot of fun.

1.1 rules. 2.0 rules are for greatest day, and are not compatible with Devil's Cauldron.

If you enjoy it, you should also pick up Where Eagles Dare. It should be on sale during MMP's annual Veteran's Day/Black Friday sale. Not as fun, but probably more replayable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
autumnweave wrote:
It's a lot of fun.

1.1 rules. 2.0 rules are for greatest day, and are not compatible with Devil's Cauldron...

Can you explain why? thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Palmer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several rules which have been revamped. The two most notable ones are a completely different assault process and a new method of attaching independent units to formations which is dependent on a rating on each of the leaders. This numerical rating doesn't exist on leaders in TDC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and when you couple those rule changes in with having to change counter values, there's no telling what it might do to the scenarios. TDC plays well with the 1.1 rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Granlid
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the process of compiling a document with changes between 1.1 and 2.0.
Before I make it public on BGG I need to verify it and also proof read it for spelling errors (since I am not a native English speaker).

If somebody is interested in helping me out, just drop me a mail and I can send you the pdf.

Disclaimer, this might not be complete or accurate, since this is only to help me more easily move between the different titles in GTS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.