Hide
6 Posts

Field Commander: Napoleon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can we spare battle plans for next battle turns ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Trash
msg tools
Let say I receive one battle plan for a battle. If at one round I do not use any battle plan, can I keep my unused battle plan and thus use two battle plans for next round ? Or unused battle plans should be discarded at end of turn ?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot save Battle Plans. Use it or lose it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see rules page 11, Battle Overview: "Every Force receives a Battle Plan every Turn of the Battle." See also rules page 14, Select and Place French Battle Plans: "You get to choose your Battle Plans during each Turn of Battle. You get to choose a number of Battle Plan counters up to your Battle Plan Quantity number." Also see rules page 15,French Default Battle Plans: "Any French Force that does not receive a Battle Plan counter may use a Default Plan. ... You may also choose for a Force to do nothing during the Turn."

As I read it, you choose new Battle Plans during every battle turn, either as a counter BP or a default BP. There is no need to carry them forward from turn to turn. A given unit receives only one of those BPs for the battle turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Trash
msg tools
Thanks jascps. But the rules you mentioned don't explicitly says what happen if we don't use a battle plan counter at a given turn. I've actually the feeling that we cannot save battle plans as you and Christian say it, but the rules should be clear about that and they are not at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter whether you use a given Battle Plan counter during your turn. During the next Battle Turn, you choose new Battle Plan counters up to the per turn limit for that battle. If you wanted to, you could again select the one you didn't use last turn. I don't see the ambiguity -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the point is that you cannot "save" a battle plan from one turn to the next. Your battle plan allotment is the number of special battle plans that you get each turn, no more no less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.