Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Slightly special Cragheart situation in Scenario 81... did we do it right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 81 spoiler...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Scenario is Temple of the Eclipse . Stop reading if you have not completed it or at least entered the final room.

Entering the final room with the Colorless the altar is marked as an obstacle. My Cragheart had run into the room and was next to the altar the following turn. The Spellweaver that needed to get to the altar with the items was at the door entrance, so in my turn using Clear the Way I picked up the altar and threw it next to the Spellweaver who in his turn 'sacrificed' both the items to give the Colorless 16 damage total.

Later near the end I went back and destroyed the altar using explosive punch - I assumed if I had done this earlier before the items had been 'sacrificed' the ability to sacrifice the items would be lost since the altar would not be there

Did we do that right or was any of that not possible?

Was my last assumption also correct in case something similar happens in another scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
sound totally fine, except you cannot offer 2 items in 1 turn to the altar (its once per turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK we didn't realise that - wouldn't have made much difference as he was stood back next to the altar for a few turns so he could have easily done it over two turns instead of one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Glading
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
That strategy is rad! I wish I had thought of it. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
sound totally fine, except you cannot offer 2 items in 1 turn to the altar (its once per turn).

Thank you for clarifying this. I wondered if you could drop both at once. I assumed you could not. So I dropped one then the next turn he healed!

I finally completed #81. It was my fourth attempt. But very doable with
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Sun and Moon characters that had both completed their solo scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.