While this game comes with the official solo variant, it changes the basic concepts of the original so much that it can be considered independent game.
This version tries to create an AI for the game that will allow solo players to get a feeling similar to playing multiplayer version of original game.
Remove + favor tokens and return them to the box. Then, set up game as you would do normally for two players.
Human player has the first turn, and plays according to rules.
When it is AI turn, AI will first try to take two tiles of the same color from the edge of the forest. This is the only point where AI changes the rules as it will take two tiles of the same color regardless the number of spirits on them. When taking pairs of tiles, AI will follow these priorities:
1. AI will not consider tiles reserved by Human player until the first time a row is depleted. After that, AI will target tiles reserved by Human player using normal rules.
2. AI will select a pair of tiles with the lowest number (first two 5s, then 6s, then 7s, then 8s and finally 10s).
3. If there are several tiles to choose from, AI will select tiles that will maximize first number of spirits and then number of symbols. Face down favor tokens are counted as spirits for this purpose (so AI priorities are: a. tile with two spirits and favor token, b. tile with spirit, favor token and power source, c. tile with two spirits, d. tile with spirit and favor token, e. tile with spirit and power source, f. tile with just one spirit.)
4. If tiles are tied, AI will rather take unreserved than reserved tile.
5. If still tied, AI will take tile from the highest row and/or from left end of the forest.
Only if there are no pairs available, AI will take a single tile, following the same priorities as above.
After taking the tiles, AI will reserve the tile of the same color it has just taken, closest to the forest edge. In case of the tie, follow the priorities as above.
If there are no more tiles of the appropriate color, or if the AI has no available gemstones, it will do nothing.
Score the game as normal.
If you find the game too easy, take another set of gemstones and give AI player 1, 2 or 3 additional gems. The more gems AI has, the more difficult the game will be.
In this version you will be able to use expansions like leaves and wishes.
What do you think?
While I applaud the effort, I think your solo rules are so close to schisolo, it might be better to just play against yourself.