Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Butcher and the rawhide band rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M V
msg tools
mbmb
I don't get this.
I saw lot of people use rawhide band against the bucther.

But RB simple checks 2 AI cards and the bucther has the trait that draw 2 cards...

So how is it useful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Christinsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I use it in order to try to control who the Butcher targets. Knowing what two AI cards are coming up can also tell you if you should surge to try to remove the top one - or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oeil danslabouche
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you're pretty sure to wound him, you could want to put the worst AI on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
Got it question of timing then

I am totally scared about it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
But more importantly, if you see AI in advance, you know who will be targeted, and you can either mitigate damage (if it's a random survivor, for instance), or be sure that is your tank with +4 evasion that is targeted, instead of your support with crystal skin

Also, it is important to know if/when a certain mood is incoming (and in that case, you put that one last), and be sure that devour lantern and hack city are either out of range or about to miss everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vaccaro
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually one fight in which I never use the rawhide headband. The Butcher targets mostly the same type of survivor, and if I recall correctly that's closest facing threat in range. By keeping your tanks the closest and on multiple sides, you and mostly guarantee that your squishy folk will stay safe.

The Butcher is a fight of attrition. You are racing to finish the fight before drowning in bleeding tokens. So, let's make it a race. Take all your survivors and dish out as much damage as possible as quickly as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually if you have dash you can often avoid at least one of the AI cards. And clear up bleeding tokens using bandages.

It only becomes a real race when he gets that mood out that deals brain damage all the time. If you are frenzied, thats when you throw everything you've got!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
t3clis wrote:
But more importantly, if you see AI in advance, you know who will be targeted, and you can either mitigate damage (if it's a random survivor, for instance), or be sure that is your tank with +4 evasion that is targeted, instead of your support with crystal skin

Also, it is important to know if/when a certain mood is incoming (and in that case, you put that one last), and be sure that devour lantern and hack city are either out of range or about to miss everything.

never met those but i have the lion lyre ._. it should solve those

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kelbirk
msg tools
The primary use of the rawhide headband is to collect information so you can act on it. Being able to switch card order is nice, but it's just a bonus. Knowing what a monster will do so that you can control it is the most important part of showdowns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Nicholas has kind of a point here anyway, if you talk only of L1 butcher, it's one of the few showdowns in which you will use comparatively less the RH. I would still want to know when hack City is incoming, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riff Conner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tangentially related question that came up in my recent Butcher fight: can Survivors dash/surge between monster AI cards if the monster gets more than one as the Butcher does? Like, is there an implicit Flow between the end of the first card and the draw of the next one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmb
riffraff wrote:
Tangentially related question that came up in my recent Butcher fight: can Survivors dash/surge between monster AI cards if the monster gets more than one as the Butcher does? Like, is there an implicit Flow between the end of the first card and the draw of the next one?

I'm pretty sure you can only dash/surge during the monster turn on the flow symbol. So, no, there's no implicit survival opportunity before, between, or after AI cards.
I think the majority of dash/surge opportunities (flows) occur after the AI has picked a target. Dash during an AI flow almost never influences the target of the AI. You'll need to rawhide headband/peak at it during the Survivors' Turn, and prepare/re-position before the Monster Turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.