Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the game in Shropshire (UK) an hour ago and thought I’d post this to hopefully set a few minds at rest and allay some concerns.

I know there was some *ahem* controversy over the minis diring the production of the game so I thought I would share these pictures of the necromancer (I didn’t order the minis as I prefer to use the standees) and I must say it looks really good!

Obviously, I can’t comment on the rest of the figures that have been made but as a former mini painter I would have no problem painting this one up. Great detail and depth to the cast.

I must say on must first glance it looks like Alan and VPG have knocked this one out of the park! The games looks fantastic and will sit v well alongside Zeds and Nemo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cox
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. Still waiting on mine to arrive but thanks for posting.

Who was the courier and did you receive any dispatch notification and/or tracking details?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DHL was the label but apart from the notification I received at the end of last week saying the label had been printed I didn’t receive anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R
Sweden
Djursholm
flag msg tools
Received my game yesterday. Sad to say that the majority of the minis are horrible and cannot be compared with the necromancer mini. They are even worse than I expected. Unbelievable that VPG feels comfortable to provide such a low quality product to its customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine and I liked them. Sure they need a bit of Hot Water/ Cold Water treatment for the staves and swords and there are a few bits of minor flash, two need a tiny bit of green stuff but compared to Shadows of Brimstone... enuff said.

I have quite a few minis games and these look good and I think they will paint vey well.. They aren't CMON but not many are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a big brown box with DHL on it...! Mini comments pending

EDIT: Overall, happy with the minis. They clearly tried hard to ensure detail but may not meet the expectation of some. There are a few moulding/gluing issues on a couple of models, while the warping as mentioned is easily fixed with hot water. It seems some figures were clearly put in the wrong moulded wells too but no harm done.

The whole package is pretty epic, and it looks fantastic on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came today, also without the minis but the Necromancer looks good in mine also. I had an email to advise it was on the way, but no tracking info.
Arrived safe and sound though, gorgeous components throughout, hats off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Molloy
msg tools
Got mine yesterday.
The minis are fine for the most part. Detail is ok, sculpts look good, I'd give them 7/10.
Only complaint is the soft plastic and the bent bits which are going to take some work to straighten out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the miniatures look pretty darn good. No complaints. I am glad that I did not elect to ask for a refund. I have received far worse miniatures from Kickstarter campaigns. I have been very satisfied with this entire campaign from victory point Games and though delayed, I would back them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
show a photo of painted necro!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Webb
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
I think the miniatures look pretty darn good. No complaints. I am glad that I did not elect to ask for a refund. I have received far worse miniatures from Kickstarter campaigns. I have been very satisfied with this entire campaign from victory point Games and though delayed, I would back them again.

Ditto. I think the minis are fine and will do a nice job complimenting their printed artwork on my table. I've backed the past couple of Kickstarter Reaper Bones and am familiar with the hot water fixing process on minis. For me, these minis meet my expectations to replace the standees on the table. I should note, however, that my minis arrived intact and complete. None were missing parts, and none came with parts glued to random figure locations, like I've read other backers have received. So, I can only speak for my copy which look great to me. Like user
Paul Molloy
msg tools
commented previously, I would also rate these as 7/10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Luckily, the miniatures I received were fine except the Tamer's whip was broken. Of course I looked at it and said to myself "Yeah sure if you design a mold with a really thin string on it of course its going to break" and busted out the super glue and and fixed it. I also had to spend like 30 minutes running them all through a pot of boiling water to straighten them all out.

They could have condensed the packaging for these things to almost half the height of the box. Like the game's insert tray, the miniature tray has this wasted gap space underneath it. I'm tempted just to throw it away and get some foam to replace it. Depending on how I end up reorganizing the game box, I may just end up discarding the whole box entirely. Honestly, they should have just packed these things in a plain, small cardboard box like their classic VPG red boxes and cut down on cost. I didn't need a fancy, linin-finish full color great quality box for these things; especially considering they're warped and broken right out of the box. Kind of defeats the purpose of a good package don't you think?

I'm sure they learned a lot from this experience.

The game is great though. I've always loved it for years and own all the first edition boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.