Fallout» Forums » Variants

Subject: Additional Perks (21 cards) - Unofficial extension rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Qentoush Qentfjnsf
msg tools
mb
Hi guys,

I loved fallout 1 & 2, and I like the board game (even if yeah, they are issues with it).

During our first games, we realized how important was the random factor, and how much we liked the RPG feels of the franchise. We needed more.

In F1 & F2, perks are helping you define the personnality and skills of your character, based on what happen to him. In the BG, there is only 14 of them.
So i've been designing some more.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6m2je60zzfc7t

NEW CONCEPTS:
- Now when you should choose a perk, don't take all of them in your hands but pick 2 randomly, and choose 1.
- 1 perk per statistic doesn't need to be discarded to be activated. (You'll see. They are limitations to it.)

NOTES:
- I've been balancing "Night person" to cancel the "teleport" aspect out of it. Now it says "in any space of your tile", NOT "map". It made more sense to me.
- "Sneak" became something that you don't need to discard. (See "New concept").
- Yeah, they are 2 "faster healing": just pick one, I couldn't decide on the illustration.
- Science! is obviously a wink to breaking bad.

Enjoy wastelanders, let me know if you use them good and if it was fun!

PS: This is my first post on this (/any) forum, so please be kind. Aaaand english is not my first language
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Umut Cagirgan
Turkey
Izmir
Select One
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good job Qentoush. Looks very cool and nice thing you included passive perks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job! Looks like you put a lot of work into these. I think the game fell a bit flat on a lot of people, including myself honestly. The base rules are just a bit too convoluted and don't quite feel "fallout" to me.

I really like the idea of NOT discarding perks. That was the whole point of perks in the video game is you had them for the rest of the game. When I do eventually get around to playing this I will be hacking and slashing those rules up until I find something I like, and will definitely incorporate your perks.

Really it would've been nice to have perks that are associated with each level, and having you choose like in FO3 and NV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Den Ell

Nebraska
msg tools
mb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
Great job! Looks like you put a lot of work into these. I think the game fell a bit flat on a lot of people, including myself honestly. The base rules are just a bit too convoluted and don't quite feel "fallout" to me.

I really like the idea of NOT discarding perks. That was the whole point of perks in the video game is you had them for the rest of the game. When I do eventually get around to playing this I will be hacking and slashing those rules up until I find something I like, and will definitely incorporate your perks.

Really it would've been nice to have perks that are associated with each level, and having you choose like in FO3 and NV.

You won't have to buy Rambo the Board Game, you'll already have it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qentoush Qentfjnsf
msg tools
mb
@Umut Cagirgan

Thanks mate, I'm glad you appreciate them.
Hope you'll have fun with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qentoush Qentfjnsf
msg tools
mb
Thank you Chris.

I agree with you about the "not so fallout-like" feeling.

Additionally to the perks, we came up with some house rules (like a lot of people as it seems) that let us go through the scenarios, finish more quests and explore the wasteland more.
I feel that all the issues are concerning the end-trigger of scenarios and the agenda cards/faction/counting system.
Now we count points for the quests, big monsters, SPECIAL and death of your character, AND we can join a facton only if we work for them. The games end normally but the factions don't advance on their own, only if we push them on the scenario sheet. It's a bit harder to predict who will win but way more fun.
(I can post/send you the pdf with the modifications we made if you like)

I totally agree with the NOT discarding perks idea. It felt very weird to me at first. And I liked the RPG part of the game: your character had a story with those perks. It was the reflection of its actions and progress.

Let me know if you come up with some ideas, I'd like to hear some from other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there any chance that you still have the templates that you used to make these? I'd like to use them, but I would really like to fix the typos in them before printing them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivushkin
Ukraine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qent wrote:
1 perk per statistic

I cannot understand this, please clarify.
Also, could you please correct 'ennemies' everywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
I think that by "1 perk per statistic" he meant that for every Special perk type (S-P-E-C-I-A-L) there is one or more that you can keep for the whole game whereas the others have to be discarded to be activated.

S: 2 to discard, 1 to keep
P: 3 to discard, 1 to keep
E: 2 to discard, 2 to keep
C: 2 to discard, 1 to keep
I: 2 to discard, 1 to keep
A: 3 to discard, 1 to keep
L: 1 to discard, 2 to keep

At least, that is my understanding based on the text on his cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.