Adrien Lozano
France
Saint-Etienne
flag msg tools
Trying to find time to paint...
badge
...but translating all day long !
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to buy this game, but one concern that I have regarding the original Clank! is : will it have future expansion release ? Or is this a complete stand alone without anything planned in the future ?

(I've learn that Clank! will soon have a 2nd expansion realsed so )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McComas
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Owning both, I'll say I get a lot more mileage out of In Space. It really refines all the game mechanics in huge ways.
- The modularity of the board is a big selling point
- The hacking cubes, which require that you visit two separate rooms before being able to access the dungeon depths is also a major improvement, as it effectively disallows experienced players being able to repeat the same movement strategies
- faction bonuses for cards bought at the market allows for more strategic depth in card selection
- I forget what they're called, but the game also introduces a clank cube which triggers a health hit for all players if drawn. There's only four of them and they are shuffled into the clank bag once the rage track marker hits certain spots on the track...love this mechanic

That said, I don't expect it to ever be expanded, though I'll be thrilled if RGS does. It was initially supposed to be a limited edition I think. If you want expandability, go with regular Clank as the sure bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K New Power
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own the first clank! but I think In Space! is a really good game.
It's not common for me to say that, but I do not see the need for an expansion to In Space! The game feels so finished already.
What I can see as an expansion is a larger modular board or more modules. But otherwise no. The game time don't need to be longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Lozano
France
Saint-Etienne
flag msg tools
Trying to find time to paint...
badge
...but translating all day long !
mbmbmbmbmb
Thecostcutter wrote:
Owning both, I'll say I get a lot more mileage out of In Space. It really refines all the game mechanics in huge ways.
- The modularity of the board is a big selling point
- The hacking cubes, which require that you visit two separate rooms before being able to access the dungeon depths is also a major improvement, as it effectively disallows experienced players being able to repeat the same movement strategies
- faction bonuses for cards bought at the market allows for more strategic depth in card selection
- I forget what they're called, but the game also introduces a clank cube which triggers a health hit for all players if drawn. There's only four of them and they are shuffled into the clank bag once the rage track marker hits certain spots on the track...love this mechanic

That said, I don't expect it to ever be expanded, though I'll be thrilled if RGS does. It was initially supposed to be a limited edition I think. If you want expandability, go with regular Clank as the sure bet.

Yeah I'm already sold with all these points
But i just want to know if Renegade plan to put more cards, factions,modular board (tough I'll have already enought to play with ). I'm just curious about this (and also like to collect expansions )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Shep
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renegade is on a roll lately. Considering what a big hit the original has been, and the expansions that have followed, I can't imagine that they wouldn't give us more goodies for In! Space!. That modular board cries out for new ship areas to drop in. Or, maybe even a whole other ship to plunder. That would be awesome.

But, as Boshia said, the game is so good as-is, anything else else is just icing on the cake. And the modular board already mixes it up for different experiences every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Dolloff
msg tools
mbmbmb
Renegade mentioned in this videocast https://youtu.be/Jqgog5R1Tps that they are working on new content for Clank in space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would LOVE a Clank! In! Space! Expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Seay
msg tools
mbmbmb
In the live Q&A with the designer they mention that at least 2 expansions are in the works for Clank! In! Space! and the first one will include missions to do each game. Don't recall if he mentioned how many different missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't NEED an expansion, there's a lot of variety in the base game. But I would LIKE an expansion (new board elements, new cards). Just so long as it doesn't dilute existing synergies too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hickman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One has been announced. Woot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.