Hide
5 Posts

Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem» Forums » General

Subject: Is the game better with or without Club Powers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've only played it with club powers and I've played close to 10 games. It may be our group meta, but I've noticed the win percentage skew heavily towards the Mayans and the Lin Syndicate.

I was wondering, how is the game without club powers?
Is it more cutthroat?
Is it more boring?
Is it more balanced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the club powers. The 8 games we have played have been pretty well scattered. Wednesday it came down to a tie between Lin & SAMCRO being settled by Lin holding the first player token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Club powers adds flavour.. just need to watch out for certain combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Club powers all the way. I only play without them if I'm teaching a bunch of new people the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love club powers and it adds variety.
If players are mostly new, I’d suggest playing unleaded because there’s enough rules for people to remember.

In my experience with some clubs & locations a player may become OP, but that’s where negotiation with other players steps in to balance things.

So in answer to your three questions:

- potentially more cutthroat, but depends more on players temperament and locations
- definitely NOT boring. More exciting and dangerous if anything.
- potentially less balanced, but this is dependant on locations and can be overcome thru negotiations and some good-old-fashion throw downs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.