Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nguyen Lam
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Alchemist's ability
At the end of your turn, you get back all the gold you paid to build districts this turn. You cannot pay more gold than you have.

"You cannot pay more gold than you have."
That is obvious. I do not understand what this section is about. The rulebook does not mention this. It seems redundant.

In the rulebook:
Quote:
At the end of your turn, you receive back all the gold you paid to build districts this turn, but not gold you paid for other reasons (such as the Smithy’s effect or the Tax Collector’s tax). This effectively means that you can build districts “for free,” but only if you would have had enough gold to build them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nglamarc wrote:

"You cannot pay more gold than you have."
That is obvious. I do not understand what this section is about. The rulebook does not mention this. It seems redundant.

Yes, but if it wasn't there I'm sure someone would claim that it wasn't obvious and try to do it. I think it's mostly there for the kind of people who intentionally misunderstand the rules when it benefits them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nguyen Lam
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.