Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ello, nice game. We played the tutorial last night, but I wanted to clarify a few points:

1. No boss in the tutorial, yeah?

2. When a monster engages with you (monster card enters your play area), am I correct that nothing in the game will break that engagement besides murdering them?

3. You start the scenario on the mall tile. Is the Reveal text of the tile void, or do the players get a free draw at the start of the game?

4. Stealth checks: I know the system is [Stat] - [monster tokens on card], but do monsters engaged with you have any effect on this? Seemed a bit silly to have 4 monsters engaged on my Surgeon but only get a -1 when attempting to avoid another.

5. Stealth checks continued: if you stay on that tile for another round, you do not need to make another check, yes?

6. Mechanic question: Special ability is to grab gear out of a discard pile. Two questions here:

a) Does this include other player's personal discard piles?

b) When dealing with something like the flamethrower (that takes fuel instead of bullets for ammo), it's almost better to discard and then use the special ability to retrieve the item, as doing so will magically reload it for free, yes? The action efficiency isn't great, but perhaps better than burning through the finite supply of fuel in the game (pun marginally intended ).

7. Reloading with fuel: any official wording on how many units a single fuel refills?

8. Any official card counts floating around for the various survivor decks? I must admit, it makes me a little uneasy how greatly they differ in size in comparison (the Scientist especially).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Ello, nice game. We played the tutorial last night, but I wanted to clarify a few points:

1. No boss in the tutorial, yeah?

2. When a monster engages with you (monster card enters your play area), am I correct that nothing in the game will break that engagement besides murdering them?

3. You start the scenario on the mall tile. Is the Reveal text of the tile void, or do the players get a free draw at the start of the game?

4. Stealth checks: I know the system is [Stat] - [monster tokens on card], but do monsters engaged with you have any effect on this? Seemed a bit silly to have 4 monsters engaged on my Surgeon but only get a -1 when attempting to avoid another.

5. Stealth checks continued: if you stay on that tile for another round, you do not need to make another check, yes?

6. Mechanic question: Special ability is to grab gear out of a discard pile. Two questions here:

a) Does this include other player's personal discard piles?

b) When dealing with something like the flamethrower (that takes fuel instead of bullets for ammo), it's almost better to discard and then use the special ability to retrieve the item, as doing so will magically reload it for free, yes? The action efficiency isn't great, but perhaps better than burning through the finite supply of fuel in the game (pun marginally intended ).

7. Reloading with fuel: any official wording on how many units a single fuel refills?

8. Any official card counts floating around for the various survivor decks? I must admit, it makes me a little uneasy how greatly they differ in size in comparison (the Scientist especially).

Thanks!

1. correct
2. yes (although I like to think of it as self-defense...)
3. Since it's already revealed, I'd say no
4. If you have a monster in front of you, you cannot avoid tokens with stealth
5. Stealth is checked when entering a tile (if it applies.. ie no active monsters in front of you)
6. not positive on these... a) I think no, b) I think so (but inefficiency will likely kill you in later scenarios)
7. I thought I saw Mike say it refilled the item completely but again I'm fuzzy on this one.
8. 30 in all but the scientist... 20 for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt reply, Russel!

Looks like we played it all correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply, Russel!

Looks like we played it all correctly.

What are your thoughts on the gameplay so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm enjoying it (although I was playing incorrectly for my first few run throughs...basically I was equipping all the cards without an action... made things much easier...hehe...) The randomness of where tiles end up really change how you play the game and can keep you on your toes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6.a you can only get scavenge cards not personal/character cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Boon
Netherlands
Berkel en Rodenrijs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russonc wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

Is that right? As I recall, there are cards like ‘Flare’ (or something like that), which lure/draw monsters to you, if in range. So you can lure monsters away from other characters/players.

And where did you read that the tutorial does not container a boss-monster? I clearly overlooked somehow...

Edit: some further clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finestra Window
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cwb1977 wrote:
russonc wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

Is that right? As I recall, there are cards like ‘Flare’ (or something like that), which lure/draw monsters to you, if in range. So you can lure monsters away from other characters/players.

And where did you read that the tutorial does not container a boss-monster? I clearly overlooked somehow...

Flare lures all monsters to the Fireman. But my question is also does he lure all, - by that I mean tokens and active monsters. Or is it just active monsters in play, and all of them? Or 3 of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Boon
Netherlands
Berkel en Rodenrijs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finestra wrote:
cwb1977 wrote:
russonc wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

Flare lures all monsters to the Fireman. But my question is also does he lure all, - by that I mean tokens and active monsters. Or is it just active monsters in play, and all of them? Or 3 of them?

Good question, don’t know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Finestra wrote:
cwb1977 wrote:
russonc wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

As answered in the other thread where you asked the same question (Re: Gameplay questions (movement, monster spawning) - monsters and monster tokens are different things. They are handled differently by the rules.

The FLARE attracts MONSTERS (not MONSTER TOKENS) that are within range of the Fireman. There is NO limit to the number of monsters that can be attached to a hero.

The FLARE does NOT move MONSTER TOKENS. When something affects Monster Tokens, it will state Monster Tokens (eg Army Ranger's Sniper Rifle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.