Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oi folks,

I am hunting for a small USB or MicroSD MP3 Radio/Speaker for our children's bed table that would fulfill these requirements:

1. SLEEP timer function is necessary (to not have it talk to us the whole night) and this has to be a dedicated button - no Menu hunting each time. Or if something like "set it in the Menu once, it does that all the time after that" function exists somewhere, sure...

2. An LCD displaying a basic MP3 TAG or at least the FILENAME is quite mandatory (to be able to see which bedtime story is being selected). I could do without this one, but only in extreme cases.

3. It has to be able to play while charging (if it uses a detachable USB charging cable).

Do you know of such device, possibly in the 20 EUR range?
It can be any brand, any manufacturer (yes, China and their myriad of products are viable too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for something along those lines for myself. I wanted an equivalent of the good old "clock radio" that included an mp3 player. I didn't find one. Everything I found was designed to have either a phone or an ipod docked to it, they didn't actually have an inbuilt mp3 player. They were also all far larger than I wanted (this seemed to be a design feature, not a necessity). I don't know why that sort of thing isn't more compact - if it's designed to go beside the bed why would you want a huge speaker? This was a few years ago, maybe attitudes have changed and there is something out there now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.