Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In reading 11.2 there is something I am not 100% sure of.

If I end my turn in an area with multiple blights I only have to fight 1 of them it says in the rules. I assume I can pick which one myself?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Eichenberg
Germany
Bretten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I re-read the rules of version 1.0 and the new rules. They are both not 100% percent clear and all examples only operate on one blight, but the way I have understood the rules (and played them for many years) are:

At the end of your turn, you have to face one instance of a monster for each blight present. A blight does not "spawn" two instances. When you defeat one instance, the blight "spawns" another monster for the other players this round, or for your next round.

Example:

You end your turn on a spot with one Werewolf and one Skeleton blight. Now you have to fight/elude one Werewolf and one Skeleton. You choose which one first and which second. You can choose different tactics for each one.

If you are successful in killing or eluding, it has no effect other than you not getting hurt (or whatever the penalty of the monster is). Next time you end your turn on this spot, you again have to fight/elude one Werewolf and one Skeleton. You have to successfully fight (not elude) the blight itself as your action, to remove it from the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are in a location with multiple blights, every blight has its full effect. For instance, if there are two Unholy Aura blights, you get -2 dice on fight rolls (to a minimum of 1 die). If there are two Curse blights, you lose 2 grace when entering.

If you end a turn in a location with multiple yellow (monster) blights, you are supposed to fight one monster per blight, in an order of your choosing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

If was the "one of those monsters" wording at the start of 11.2 that confused me but I know see how I was wrong.

Thanks again. Great game : - )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.