Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I instantly noticed when I opened my game that it does not have the overlays that go over the monster strength track if you intend to play the 5-6 player expansion. Part II: Journey to the North DID include this, assuming that if you had that expansion you could still play that game with 5-6 players. I'm curious as to why does Last Hope not include this? I really thought they would do that here as well.

I'm also curious if I could now use the modified versions of the original 4 characters when playing the original Legends of Andor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't come with the overlays because you cannot use the New Heroes with this game. The Journey to the North was an expansion of the base game, and as such could use the New Heroes.

OTOH, Legends of Andor: Dark Heroes allows you to play this game with 5-6 heroes. I believe they make different adjustments this time, other than the overlays. The Dark Heroes are supposed to come out in English this summer. (Also, somewhat confusingly, the Dark Heroes can be used in the base game and the Journey to the North, as well as this final game.)

Finally, no, you cannot use the heroes from this game in the base game, they would be too powerful or not applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your prompt answer, and I'm excited for the Dark Heroes in English. I have a group of 4 and we have played through Part I and II, as well as one play of Legends of the Star Shield. We're excited to continue the story. I just wanted to make sure if I ever decide to go through all this again, I could do it with a bigger party of heroes for all 3 parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
... seriously, do it :-)
badge
Play more board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that there are some fan-made expansions for the NEW heroes even for Andor III, but: yes, the DARK heroes replace the NEW heroes.
But even if they exit, I suppose they are in German so far.

You can check and ask the members of the Andor tavern (http://legenden-von-andor.de/forum/).

The DARK heroes can also be used in Andor I and II.
The NEW heroes can also be used in Andor II, not only in Andor I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.