Popular Tags: [View All]
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you roll several card icons, can you do this action multiple times? If you for example roll 4 card icons, could you discard 2 of these dice to draw 2 cards, and then discard the remaining dice for 2 more cards?

And what about the Lira action? Normally you would always discard all the Lira dice when taking this action, but if you have one or more of the Mosque Tiles that gives you goods when you take this action, you might want to do it mulitple times.

The rules states "Discard all coin icons rolled" as opposed to "Discard as many card icons as you like", which leads me to believe that it is possible to take card action multiple times, but not the Lira action. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Chetil wrote:
If you roll several card icons, can you do this action multiple times? If you for example roll 4 card icons, could you discard 2 of these dice to draw 2 cards, and then discard the remaining dice for 2 more cards?

And what about the Lira action? Normally you would always discard all the Lira dice when taking this action, but if you have one or more of the Mosque Tiles that gives you goods when you take this action, you might want to do it mulitple times.

The rules states "Discard all coin icons rolled" as opposed to "Discard as many card icons as you like", which leads me to believe that it is possible to take card action multiple times, but not the Lira action. Is that right?
It IS allowed not to use all cards/dice symbols for an action! So yes, especially the Mosque card with the Bonus for Lira actions can be used multiple times per turn this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have multiple Mosque tiles that trigger when gathering Lira, do they all trigger when you take Lira once?

If so, and if I had multiple Lira dice, I could trigger all the Mosque tile multiple times?

Thanks, Ralph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
If you have multiple Mosque tiles that trigger when gathering Lira, do they all trigger when you take Lira once?

If so, and if I had multiple Lira dice, I could trigger all the Mosque tile multiple times?

Thanks, Ralph.
Yes, and Yes. That's a nice combo if you manage to get it ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THat seems really powerfull, too powerfull actually.
As Chetil said , why is there a different wording between the cards and the coins in the rules book (french and english, I have checked both : Discard all coins vs Discard as many cards icon as you want)?
For me, it sounds like you can’t split the coins actions but you can with the cards icon.
If you have 4 mosques tiles (1 with +1 action and 3 with the bonus tile when you do the coin action, let’s say you are focusing on this strategy), and if you roll just 3 coin dice, you can get 6 gold and 3 merchandises!!! Really ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
RFTGJC wrote:
THat seems really powerfull, too powerfull actually.
As Chetil said , why is there a different wording between the cards and the coins in the rules book (french and english, I have checked both : Discard all coins vs Discard as many cards icon as you want)?
For me, it sounds like you can’t split the coins actions but you can with the cards icon.
If you have 4 mosques tiles (1 with +1 action and 3 with the bonus tile when you do the coin action, let’s say you are focusing on this strategy), and if you roll just 3 coin dice, you can get 6 gold and 3 merchandises!!! Really ?

If you have 4 mosque tiles it's probably late game anyways. Everyone will have powerful combos, trying to race for rubies at the end. It's that type of game, it ramps up fast, and ends even faster.

This isn't a long drawn out grand strategy game. It's a quick, fast-paced family weight race game.

I'd recommend looking for powerful mosque tile combos as suggested. I'd also suggest doing all you can to prevent other people from getting them before you too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have taken the example of 4 mosquee tiles, but it s true with only two : two with the bonus of the coin actions (2 coins dice and you get two goods).
I don’t mind this kind of powerfull combo I just don’t understand why there is a different wording between the coin action and the card action.

But don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love this little game. It is a good family game also, my son loves it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
RFTGJC wrote:
I have taken the example of 4 mosquee tiles, but it s true with only two : two with the bonus of the coin actions (2 coins dice and you get two goods).

Getting multiples of any mosque tile is powerful.

RFTGJC wrote:

I just don’t understand why there is a different wording between the coin action and the card action.

No sure either, but Ralph Bruhn seems to be someone that can be considered an official source for rules clarifications.

I'd chalk up the ambiguity in the rulebook to either be a translation error, or just simple a lack of forethought by whoever created the final text for it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OH shoot, I didn’t noticed Ralph was involved in the game. My bad
That is ok then, I will play it this afternoon for our sunday family boardgame session just after Deadwood.
Have a nice sunday!
JC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
No sure either, but Ralph Bruhn seems to be someone that can be considered an official source for rules clarifications.

I'd chalk up the ambiguity in the rulebook to either be a translation error, or just simple a lack of forethought by whoever put created the final text for it ...
You're absolutely right, and I am the one to blame here: I wrote the German original text and I simply overlooked it during the proofreading phase ... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.