Subject: Enemy mortar unit actions on enemy action phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Christiansen
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmb
When you have an enemy mortar unit, do they automatically continue to fire each turn? Or does an action check of No Action mean no attack? It's not clear to me because there isn't a static Volume of Fire marker for mortar/grenade attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gingras

Weymouth
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ryan,
See page 53. Spotters and Snipers are the exception to the Enemy Activity Check rules that the other units follow.

"Provided the spotter remains in Good Order and has Fire Missions remaining, it continues to call for fire with the following priority...."

The number of cards to draw to see if he gets his fire mission are listed in the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnston
msg tools
mbmbmb
As above,but remember too, that enemy mortars,snipers and artillery missions have limited ammo, just like your side. Remember to check these off as you go,and eventually they will run out and withdraw. Of course,the best defence is to get some fireteams in there,and destroy it !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul and Thomas are correct. If it helps for the future, here are the references to the enemy spotter rules.

https://sites.google.com/site/fieldsoffirebootcamp/rules-ref...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua danley
United States
chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about on map mortars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Yoder

Granite Bay
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same question about on-map enemy mortars with G! rating. Until I learn otherwise, I have decided to have them attempt a grenade attack as their enemy activity. If no grenade is turned up, they sit. I guess in real life that means they are attempting but failing to either reload, re-spot, or re-set the equipment because Wolfgang tripped over the stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.