• [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D_Davis wrote:
Are these in Act II?

I'm pretty sure they're not in the game at all. They were made so you could swap them with matching (same level and type) enemies for more variety for replays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
D_Davis wrote:
Are these in Act II?

I'm pretty sure they're not in the game at all. They were made so you could swap them with matching (same level and type) enemies for more variety for replays.

Yep. Just a bonus for those who also owned Galaxy Defenders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. This game definitely needs a TON more enemy variety. If I see another goblin or bandit....ugh.

I'll be using some Genestealers and proxies to make the game better now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually find the subtle differences in AI for the individual colored enemies make the game pretty dynamic - but for sure, switching in GD enemies adds even more variety to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c4dillon wrote:
I actually find the subtle differences in AI for the individual colored enemies make the game pretty dynamic - but for sure, switching in GD enemies adds even more variety to it!

It does, but I'm a visual person. I play dungeon crawls for all the variety, and I like to see different things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wsmithjr wrote:

Not only for GD owners. There was an add-on during the S&S campaign for a complete set of GD minis, for those who didn't a whole set of GD (the minis cover all the GD expansions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
wsmithjr wrote:

Not only for GD owners. There was an add-on during the S&S campaign for a complete set of GD minis, for those who didn't a whole set of GD (the minis cover all the GD expansions).

Also, it's quite easy just to grab figures from another game and proxy them as GD minis to add more variety to S&S with the cards alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c4dillon wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

Also, it's quite easy just to grab figures from another game and proxy them as GD minis to add more variety to S&S with the cards alone.

Even if you bought the add-on (i did), proxying might be easier because so many of the minis are so bent that they literally don't stand up. (Yes, i know they can be fixed with hot water.) The Queen, for example:

The "dual base" minis are a bit of a hassle to fix with hot water because one has to get both of the bases lined up properly (and keep them held properly in place while cooling down) or else the mini won't stand up.

Anyway... my point is simply that proxies might be an easier choice even if you have the S&S/GD crossover set :/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if someone could cook up S&S Enemy cards for the Shadows of Brimstone enemies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
Now if someone could cook up S&S Enemy cards for the Shadows of Brimstone enemies...

Shoot, and transfer over the loot system while you're at it?

But KEEP the S&S combat system..!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.