Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Heimlich
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the core game and, assuming I'd like it as much as I LOVE Battle Cry, I picked up several expansions as well.

Then I played the core game a few times and it just fell flat for me. I don't get the immersion of the theme like I get with Battle Cry. So, after years of it just going unplayed (other than those first few times) and the expansions having never been played and most barely opened, I'm thinking I should sell off the lot.

The question is, should I not do it that way? I despise having to deal with lots of shipping and invariably losing money to unforseen costs for boxes or under-bidding the cost of shipping. As such I think I'd be better off selling the lot together, unless that's just suicidal. hehe

So then the question is, where is the best place to put up such a package? Here? ebay?

Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agrajag wrote:
So then the question is, where is the best place to put up such a package? Here? ebay?

It depends on what you want - convenience, speed of transaction, security of the transaction (not getting ripped off) or most money?

In general, eBay is a pretty good bet.

On the other hand, I'd be interested in what your selling depending on the price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agrajag wrote:
I own the core game and, assuming I'd like it as much as I LOVE Battle Cry, I picked up several expansions as well.

Then I played the core game a few times and it just fell flat for me. I don't get the immersion of the theme like I get with Battle Cry. So, after years of it just going unplayed (other than those first few times) and the expansions having never been played and most barely opened, I'm thinking I should sell off the lot.

The question is, should I not do it that way? I despise having to deal with lots of shipping and invariably losing money to unforseen costs for boxes or under-bidding the cost of shipping. As such I think I'd be better off selling the lot together, unless that's just suicidal. hehe

Thanks...

I'm also interested...depending on what you have and price. There are a few things that I'd love to get my hands on...finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Heimlich
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

What I have at a minimum is listed in My Collection. It includes:

1. Core game
2. Eastern Front
3. Pacific Theater
4. Terrain Pack
5. Winter/Desert Board Map.

All are in excellent condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do find a buyer here on BGG, you must conclude the sale through the Marketplace and pay BGG's commission. Also, conducting sales threads through the game forums is frowned upon by the admins. If you are going to sell it here, you should either list it at a fixed price in the Marketplace or start an announcement thread in the GeekBay forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Heimlich
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
If you do find a buyer here on BGG, you must conclude the sale through the Marketplace and pay BGG's commission. Also, conducting sales threads through the game forums is frowned upon by the admins. If you are going to sell it here, you should either list it at a fixed price in the Marketplace or start an announcement thread in the GeekBay forum

I have sold several items on the Marketplace and, of course, support Scott and the board. I also am not conducting sales through the forums. I asked where the best place was to sell games as a set as this is not something the site previously was good at dealing with. The responders asked specifics about what I have and it's important to the question as I'd also be curious about the right price and if what I have is best sold as a group or not.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Heimlich
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cauldronofevil wrote:

It depends on what you want - convenience, speed of transaction, security of the transaction (not getting ripped off) or most money?

In general, eBay is a pretty good bet.

On the other hand, I'd be interested in what your selling depending on the price!

Just mainly interested in freeing up the closet space and getting the money to put towards something else.

I see Eastern Front on ebay now for $71 with nearly 30 bids and still time to go. Wow. I guess it's out of print? Pacific Theater seems to be going for nearly the same. That suggests I might want to consider breaking them up. GRRR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You might want to act relatively quickly if you are planning to sell.

While I have exactly zero "inside information", the expansions do seem to come and go in terms of availability. With the exception of Campaign Book One, Ar Pack and I suppose the canvas bag, I don't think anything is truly OOP. Well, okay, and the Battle Maps I suppose.

So you may find the price drops when distributors get it back in stock.

But again, they may truly be OOP, I have no idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
Agrajag wrote:
Sphere wrote:

I have sold several items on the Marketplace and, of course, support Scott and the board. I also am not conducting sales through the forums. I asked where the best place was to sell games as a set as this is not something the site previously was good at dealing with. The responders asked specifics about what I have and it's important to the question as I'd also be curious about the right price and if what I have is best sold as a group or not.

Thanks.

Hopefully you understood that my post was informational and intended for anyone reading the thread, not an accusation directed at you. One thing I neglected to mention was that there is a forum specifically intended for those trying to ascertain the value of games they might want to sell: Game Valuations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.