Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell us something that you believe, that you think most people would disagree with.

Let's see if we can keep this out of Religion, Sex and Politics.

And let's be respectful of people, even if they like Nickelback.

I'll Start.

I don't like KISS. I think they are poor musicians, they write crappy songs and I don't even want to listen to their music. My wife disagrees and is starting to brainwash my children into liking them. How many times are they going to Rock and Roll all night and party everyday anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
Confessions

My first though before reading the thread was...

OK, on to the thread...

Syvanis wrote:
Tell us something that you believe, that you think most people would disagree with.

I'll Start.

I don't like KISS. I think they are poor musicians, they write crappy songs and I don't even want to listen to their music. My wife disagrees and is starting to brainwash my children into liking them. How many times are they going to Rock and Roll all night and party everyday anyway?

Internet high 10, my brother! Kiss music is awful to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
KISS songs are formulaic and misogynistic, but the band is wildly successful in the marketing world. There could be no band who promoted themselves better. Just sayin'.

I confess that I don't wait for red traffic lights; in certain particular situations, that is.
If it is late at night and there is no other car but me, in any direction (including behind me) then I just go. I don't fly on through without checking out every angle, though. I usually stop and check it out then go.
I also have a very good idea of where the traffic cameras are, so I obviously won't do that if I know that a flash bulb is going to go off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that beer is the Nectar of the Gods, brought to Earth Eons ago by benevolent space aliens to enlighten humanity. I love getting enlightened!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've said this here before: I don't like the discworld books. They're cute, but not very funny, and sometimes not even cute.

I do like Good Omens and the Wee Free Men books, so I'm not totally anti-Pratchett, it's just discworld that bores me (I've read two of the books).

Edit: Here's a better one! In the last couple weeks I've stayed up until 4am playing video games multiple times. My work performance has suffered as a result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like The Backstreet Boys.

I'm 64.

Yep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confessions...

I LOVE Kiss (but loathe Simmons)

I never saw E.T. and have no earthly interest to.

I'm a huge fan of The Human Centipede (and the sequels)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
badge
I have to return some videotapes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to the Future isn't that good.

I have only seen parts of the second and third movies but won't ever watch any them if I can help it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
bop517 wrote:

GeekGold for this. I own parts 1 & 2 on DVD . . . but I haven't ventured into part 3 yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
KISS songs are formulaic and misogynistic, but the band is wildly successful in the marketing world. There could be no band who promoted themselves better. Just sayin'.

No doubt about it. And if Kiss was playing downtown and tickets were $20 I would probably still go because they would at least have a cool stage show. I love concerts and I can sing along and have a good time even if I don't really like the music.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, let's go outing: I don't like Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd, I never saw any Star Wars movie and I don't link Woody Allen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
I don't like the discworld books. They're cute, but not very funny, and sometimes not even cute.

I assume one was Colour of Magic? His worst book.

Personally, though I like Good Omens it is far from his best book. I really like his books but I put it more in the humorous situations and funny word play rather than hilarious laugh out loud stuff. But I don't need to convince you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
I really and truly believe that eating spicy food gives me superpowers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
disom wrote:
Back to the Future isn't that good.

I have only seen parts of the second and third movies but won't ever watch any them if I can help it.

Disparage a movie based on its sequels?

I would rate them as follows:

10 - Back the the Future

6 - Back to the future 2

5 - Back to the future 3 - I know some that would rate this a 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh here's one I believe that never fails to piss people off:

Bicycles should not follow traffic laws, and in fact should not be subject to any traffic laws whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:
OK, let's go outing: I don't like Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd, I never saw any Star Wars movie and I don't link Woody Allen.
On Woody Allen we afree. As to the rest: you are dead to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:

Bicycles should not follow traffic laws, and in fact should not be subject to any traffic laws whatsoever.
Every time I see a cyclist run a stop sign or red light I earnestly hope that they get creamed by a pickup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:

Mine is that bicycles should have to obey all Pedestrian laws. Maybe that's what you meant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe modern pop/top40 and modern country music are both abominations, and disrepect the term 'art' by their very existence.

I think that there is beautiful music in almost all genres. There are country songs that will give me a chill down my spine, and there are pop songs that give me a wonderful sense of euphoria. There are rap songs that make me want to jump and shout (in a good way), and there are (many) classical pieces that can bring me to the verge of tears.

But, on the whole, the big commercial radio stations (and cable/internet/dish analogues) can burn to the ground and the world would be better off.

Especially pop/top40 and country, which are virtually indistinguishable except for the verbal twangs and the fiddles.

Whew. THAT is a load off my mind.

Oh, and I agree with Lewis and JoshBot: bicyclists should have to obey pedestrian laws, and also walk their bikes at every crosswalk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also confess that I've never seen a full episode of Friends, nor do I want to.
And, by the way, Will and Grace has one punchline for every episode, and it only took two shows for me to know that I never want to see more.

I've never seen the movie Pretty Woman, nor do I want to. Or indeed any Richard Gere movie other than American Gigalo (which is why I dislike him). Same addendum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verdigris97 wrote:
I believe modern pop/top40 and modern country music are both abominations, and disrepect the term 'art' by their very existence.

Who would disagree with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
bop517 wrote:

GeekGold for this. I own parts 1 & 2 on DVD . . . but I haven't ventured into part 3 yet.

Ohhh, Part 3. You gotta watch it and let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it's Harry Potter. I don't understand what the appeal is. Haven't seen any of the movies or read any of the books, and it will stay that way. A real wizard uses a staff and is old, wise and powerful. Not a little kid with a stick riding around on a broom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
I've never seen the movie Pretty Woman, nor do I want to. Or indeed any Richard Gere movie other than American Gigalo (which is why I dislike him). Same addendum.

Pretty Woman you can skip, but Days of Heaven is one of my favorite films. You're missing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vidbot wrote:
For me it's Harry Potter. I don't understand what the appeal is. Haven't seen any of the movies or read any of the books, and it will stay that way. A real wizard uses a staff and is old, wise and powerful. Not a little kid with a stick riding around on a broom.

There are a lot of powerful bearded wizards in the story. Plus the story is about how Harry grows to BE a powerful wizard.

Both the books and the movies get better as you go into the series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.