Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Retail Pledges versus Standard Retail Release...any difference in ETA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kelly
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I supported my FLGS by kickstarting it along with about 8-9 other people via CMON's retail pledge program. Did anyone else do this and get an ETA for their copy?

I saw that the official retail release is March 30th, but that makes sense for the standard, "oh there's a game called Rising Sun?" version of the game...not the "I've been waiting since last year" edition of the game.

I'm desperately hoping that there is a difference, and will be checking on the status of this in-store this afternoon. I was just curious if anyone else was in the same boat.

You would think that shipping 10 copies to one location has got to be a lot easier than 10 copies to 10 different locations...

-BUT-

I'm sure that there are FLGS's that didn't actually do the retail pledge as a preorder, and instead as a "I hope to sell 10 copies of this game" investment. In that case I could see that I will be waiting, very unhappily, until March 30th.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat as you and my FLGS has said they recently confirmed the quantity they need and made payment for their retail pledges and that their copies should be arriving soon. They haven't been given any shipping estimate or tracking information though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin R George
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
stormzbowler wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you and my FLGS has said they recently confirmed the quantity they need and made payment for their retail pledges and that their copies should be arriving soon. They haven't been given any shipping estimate or tracking information though.

I called my FLGS on Wednesday and they said pretty much the same thing; that they had been contacted to confirm their order but had no concrete info yet on when they expect to have the game in store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
Canada
hamilton
ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard anything more about this? ETA's on the retail pledges coming through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just trying to bump topic....Curious to know if anyone at all has received their copy via FLGS that pledged as part of the retailer tier?

My FLGS says they are still completely in the dark on ETA. I know CMON has not been transparent on fulfillment logistics, but this still seems odd. I'm hoping they are just handling differently for retailer pledges - perhaps trying to hold them back until playmats can be bundled together and/or delaying to avoid retailers marking up copies while individuals are still waiting on their KS copies.

Just looking for reassurance that my FLGS is not alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really claim to know, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are sending out retail pledges with the retail release to save money. I would guess they would start showing up in mid March.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.