4 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: VP on cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rolando
msg tools
mb
Do the VPs on cards, such as assistants, get counted as soon as the card is acquired or at the end of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're just visual reminders for the written abilities. So, if an assistant does something to give you a bonus VP, the upper right of the card will show the 1 VP icon. This is the case for many different types of cards in Charterstone--the icons make it easier for players to see abilities from across the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to answer without context, but my tentative answer would be:

Neither, the points are scored when the triggering action happens. So for instance, if you have an assistant that give you 1 point every time you use a building that has a pumpkin as a cost, you would get, receive and record that 1 point, each time you use one such building.

That's the case for most assistants.

Some cards (rarer) might get you points at the end of each game where they are used. These are scored at the end of each game. Refer to rule 26 to see when that happens.

I'm not sure I'm answering your question, but I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
Lapsus wrote:
It's hard to answer without context, but my tentative answer would be:

Neither, the points are scored when the triggering action happens. So for instance, if you have an assistant that give you 1 point every time you use a building that has a pumpkin as a cost, you would get, receive and record that 1 point, each time you use one such building.

That's the case for most assistants.

Some cards (rarer) might get you points at the end of each game where they are used. These are scored at the end of each game. Refer to rule 26 to see when that happens.

I'm not sure I'm answering your question, but I hope this helps.

Thank you. I get it now. Makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.