Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Hunt for the Ring» Forums » General

Subject: How do you use the insert? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Björkman
Sweden
Jönköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the topic says: How do you use the insert to organize the components?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd F
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the game (yet) so can't help, but I'm glad someone asked.

(I often wish publishers included storage instructions. I mean, something like storing the game should be self-evident right? But often it's not, especially when first punching the game. Confusion is common enough—and inserts are often designed poorly enough—that IMHO instructions/suggestions for storage warrant a bit of space in the box.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
glax wrote:
I don't own the game (yet) so can't help, but I'm glad someone asked.

(I often wish publishers included storage instructions. I mean, something like storing the game should be self-evident right? But often it's not, especially when first punching the game. Confusion is common enough—and inserts are often designed poorly enough—that IMHO instructions/suggestions for storage warrant a bit of space in the box.)


The only time I've seen this done is the new Through the Ages.

I also am awaiting my copy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hendrycks
msg tools
I haven't played yet but I just fit the tokens used only on Part 1 into one of the rectangle spots, the parts only used in Part 2 in another and the 3rd biggest rectangle spot for the parts used in both Part 1 & 2.

I also found it odd that the dice come in a bag but there's spots for the dice in the plastic that the characters come in??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Björkman
Sweden
Jönköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Hendrycks I wrote:
I haven't played yet but I just fit the tokens used only on Part 1 into one of the rectangle spots, the parts only used in Part 2 in another and the 3rd biggest rectangle spot for the parts used in both Part 1 & 2.

I also found it odd that the dice come in a bag but there's spots for the dice in the plastic that the characters come in??


Would you mind posting a picture?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Vogelaar
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I was hoping someone had an idea what to use the 2 big shallow rectangles for in the bottom of the board.
It seems to fit 2 layers of tokens. I was thinking maybe the numbered tokens could go here. One rectangle for the part one tokens, one for the part two ones. Still, don't think that's what it's meant for.
They are so weirdly shaped... nothing seems to fit "exactly" and it is so shallow, only a couple of tokens can be put there. It remains an enigma for me...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Red Squid wrote:
Man, I was hoping someone had an idea what to use the 2 big shallow rectangles for in the bottom of the board.
It seems to fit 2 layers of tokens. I was thinking maybe the numbered tokens could go here. One rectangle for the part one tokens, one for the part two ones. Still, don't think that's what it's meant for.
They are so weirdly shaped... nothing seems to fit "exactly" and it is so shallow, only a couple of tokens can be put there. It remains an enigma for me...


Character sheets go in the middle. I think the 2 long rectangular ones are purely to keep the base of the insert flat; if they weren't there, all the other stuff would be resting on the edges of the character sheet section.

So I did wonder the same thing, but I think they are just for stability with the board and other components stacked on top.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.